by Bunty69
Explorer

Emojis

Am I being charged extra for sending emojis in txt message to iPhone user and other android users

5 REPLIES 5
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Emojis

@Bunty69   Hi,  That’s because emojis are picture message or for short MMS,   MMS are not part of your contract and are chargeable. 

by Bunty69
Explorer

How do I use the Google message like iMessage sorry but just switched to Android and I'm not impressed I can't send emojis without being charged it's ridiculous

by Grand Master
Grand Master

iMessage is for Apples only.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Google are rolling out RCS to their messages app. If you see "Chat message" instead of "Text Message" when you go to message someone, you'll not be charged. It's like iMessage for android users.

rcs.jpeg

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Bunty69   If you had a iPhone before and was using iMessage these use your data allowance. iMessage is an Apple only feature and this is not available on Android.    iMessage is very much like what’s app but it’s built in to the text message app by Apple so when you message another iPhone and  they’ve got iMessage enabled on their device it will go as an iMessage and not as a text message/picture

message.   

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.