Highlighted
by bridgey75 Contributor
Contributor

Ee price plan increase but still no nougat update for SG7

Ee announcing price plan increasing but still taking foreverto update my SG7to Nougat come on EE start sorting these updates quicker for your customers,plenty of other networks have had their updates sort it out its frustrating especially when you advertisethat you're the best network overall.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Star Contributor
Star Contributor
Solution

Re: Ee price plan increase but still no nougat update for SG7

After a long discussion with a manager a number of this came out.

The blame is again be put back at Samsungs door.  EE say they get a stock firmware and ask for changes specific to their network.  Samsung then makes a new build and EE need to test it and so on and so on until EE is happy.

It seems EE have yet to get an update of any kind that EE are happy with. 

We won't get security updates as these change the version number of the OS which again EE have to test and have their changes made to.

The recent info i've been made aware of that EE and samsung have now agreed to work to keep security updates seperate from OS updates won't happen..  this is a huge concern as it would appear someone is telling porkie pies.

The manager spent time highlighting EE is the carrier all they need to do is make sure we can make calls and text and have no responsibility for security, again a concern.

The manager did admit EE is always last with updates and they have features no other network has which is why so many changes are needed to updates.

Take from this what you will but it seems to be more and more excuses and not actual want to improve the business or service.  I was offered to be releaved of my contract to go elsewhere though... i declined as i'd like to work to improve a service and not run from it.

6 REPLIES 6
by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

Different departments I am afraid.

EE has always been slow.

Nougat was released by Samsung 4 weeks ago. So I wouldn't expect it from EE for another month at least.

BrendonH (Android Expert) Samsung Galaxy S10+ (Android 10 Beta)
If I have helped please click the THUMB/SOLUTION buttons below
by Profile closed
Not applicable

Keeping an eye on SamMobile Samsung have only released Nougat as BTU in the UK so far.

by Star Contributor
Star Contributor

I've found that looking on Sammobile etc only frustrates me more.  To see the security updates coming out and never reaching us and OS releases that EE want to make changes to that again never arrive in a suitable time.

The only point of failure in the system is the carrier and EE should be leading the way not this...

by vwillcox Investigator
Investigator

I am using the BTU firmware on my S7 and it works fine on EE.

I have WiFi calling, but no VoLTE.

I have not broken my warrenty as the warrenty bit is still valid.

It is not custom firmware so wont break warrenty.

I will stick with this until EE decide to give the custom version with VoLTE.

by Star Contributor
Star Contributor
Solution

After a long discussion with a manager a number of this came out.

The blame is again be put back at Samsungs door.  EE say they get a stock firmware and ask for changes specific to their network.  Samsung then makes a new build and EE need to test it and so on and so on until EE is happy.

It seems EE have yet to get an update of any kind that EE are happy with. 

We won't get security updates as these change the version number of the OS which again EE have to test and have their changes made to.

The recent info i've been made aware of that EE and samsung have now agreed to work to keep security updates seperate from OS updates won't happen..  this is a huge concern as it would appear someone is telling porkie pies.

The manager spent time highlighting EE is the carrier all they need to do is make sure we can make calls and text and have no responsibility for security, again a concern.

The manager did admit EE is always last with updates and they have features no other network has which is why so many changes are needed to updates.

Take from this what you will but it seems to be more and more excuses and not actual want to improve the business or service.  I was offered to be releaved of my contract to go elsewhere though... i declined as i'd like to work to improve a service and not run from it.

by bridgey75 Contributor
Contributor

Thankyou bellyman

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions