by cdbutler82 Investigator
Investigator

Ee hawk WiFi 4g and calls

Anyone else having trouble connecting to home WiFi? It keeps dropping in and out constantly. I've had it side by side with an old phone and partners phone and the problem is only on the Hawk. Also I seem to have a lot less coverage on 4g and calling, even in my home. It's driving me mad

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by
EE Employee
Solution

Re: Ee hawk WiFi 4g and calls

Hi @cdbutler82

@Chris_B is meaning the antenna within the EE Hawk.

I would recommend popping into your local EE store as they will be able to send the phone off for repair.

Many thanks,

Lee

9 REPLIES 9
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@cdbutler82  It sounds like you have a device problem and it probably needs repairing.  It could just be the antenna cable has come loose on th device.   

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @cdbutler82

Thanks for joining community 🙂

I'm sorry to hear that you are having difficulty with the phone connecting to home WiFi.

Have you tried un-pairing and re-pairing the device like @Chris_B has suggested?

Have you checked the cable?

Cheers

Richard

🙂

Investigator

Yes, I have to pair it up a number of times but it's still intermittent.assuming you are talking about the ethernet cable on my router, that's fine.  Also I had full reception showing on my phone today and had someone try to ring me and it didn't connect. I also find that when I dial out it takes a long time to connect, sometimes it doesn't connect at all and I have no dial tone or any confirmation sounds for calls being disconnected and I have to redial.

by
EE Employee
Solution

Hi @cdbutler82

@Chris_B is meaning the antenna within the EE Hawk.

I would recommend popping into your local EE store as they will be able to send the phone off for repair.

Many thanks,

Lee

by Ger1
Explorer

I'm not at all happy. For the first time ever I exceeded my data allowance and had a very unsatisfactory chat on 18/03/18. I aske for possible reason why this was happening as am not particularly tech savvy but got no hint that it was because suddenly I'm not getting Wifi connection. I had to deduce that for myself and pay for extra data when it was not my fault. Today I 'popped' as you put it to my local store where they were totally unaware of problem with this model. They did some tinkering and told me it would be okay now, but it's no different. Basically I have had enough. I have been contracted to something which is not fit for purpose and wish I'd stuck with Samsung. I'm not satified with offer of sending it away to be 'fixed'.

Investigator

I haven't popped into my local store as I haven't found the time. I have a million other things going on besides working 50 hours a week. EE or orange used to send phones out to me in the post if I had issues and now you're faced with having to go to an interrogation as to how the problem is your fault. I'll be switching the SIM over to a different phone and the EE hawk will go in the drawer with my EE Harrier that lasted a month or so / got replaced and then spent the rest of its days in my phone graveyard as it was absolute rubbish. I'll never learn

by

Hi @Ger1 and @cdbutler82,

Thanks for visiting the EE Community.

I'm sorry to hear you are having problems connecting to WiFi.

Have you spoken to technical support?

James

by Ger1
Explorer

Have not talked to tech support as I "popped" into my local store. How much time am I supposed to spend on this when the fault seems to be known. If I'm told to send my phone back what am I supposed to do in the meantime.

by

Hi @Ger1,

Our technical support team may be able to resolve the issue without needing to send your phone off for repair. If not, we offer a mend and lend service which gives you a phone to use while yours is being repaired.

Hope this helps.

James

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.