by Jinx1980 Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

EMUI updates never happen

well I'm a member of the Huawei UK forums and there has been quite bit of chatter about EMUI updates and EE as a Network 

Apparently Neither EE or Huawei have agreed the 10 update for P30 Pro 

Just the same with the Mediapad M5 10.8 I own on EE contract 

it's still running EMUI 8 and very out dated security patches and all other networks approved the update to EMUI 9 back in middle of last year 

I complained to both EE and Huawei and neither wanted to admit either at fault though Huawei advised Networks approve and advise them when to push the updates out once the network have tested and happy 

it's really disappointing that EE haven't told Huawei to push the updates on P30 and more importantly update MediaPad M5 10.8 which gives that device far better stability operation wise etc... all other UK networks have updated both and EE are "UK's biggest network" 

Just very disappointing and makes you question renewing your contract when you have 2 products from same brand on EE yet fail too be inline with all other Networks , when EE customers want the same updates that improve there experience

I can assume any response  on here from EE or community bods will be the same standard it's not the network etc etc ..... but it's blatantly an issue from EE end with Huawei devices as all other networks update there customers devices FACT 

8 REPLIES 8
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: EMUI updates never happen

@Jinx1980  Once device manufacturer has built an update that EE happy with then EE Will give them the nod to push out the update until the device manufacturer has built an update that EE are happy with that this will not happen. It’s down to the manufacturer to sort out any issues with the update. 

by Jinx1980 Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Thanks for your response totally get that EE have to be happy with an
update for there customers but myself having 2 Huawei devices on the
biggest network neither having the latest updates that all other networks
manage to be happy with and there customers have

Especially my Mediapad M5 10.8 still running EMUI 8 and all other network
users with that device have been using EMUI 9 since middle of last year bit
of long time for EE and Huawei to sort out any issues with it !!!!!!! let
alone the very out dated security patches 😠😠😠
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Jinx1980   I don’t know why it takes this long and I don’t believe it should but unfortunately purchasing a network branded handset leave you at the mercy of the network to approve any updates.  

by zeeuk Established Contributor
Established Contributor

https://www.theregister.co.uk/2020/02/07/android_bluetooth_flaw/

Nasty android security flaw yet still waiting on myy mate 20 Pro. 

by AuroraLight19 Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Yes seen a few articles now saying make sure on latest android security patch... We would of EE would release them!! October 2019 is my security, laughable. 

by afgzeeuk Contributor
Contributor

yep EE are a joke no one at EE knows what is going on

Highlighted
by Neils67 Investigator
Investigator

I'm still waiting for my p30 pro update, complained to EE, but get nothing from them,, don't really care. Only just come over to EE, now considering leaving already as no excuse for this length time on their UK flagship device! 

by zeeuk Established Contributor
Established Contributor

I just joined with them from three and with I never did 

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.