Highlighted
by hawkeflite Investigator
Investigator

Re: EMUI 10 what is EE's excuse

Right so all the comments from the "expert" and the actual Ee community person on this thread were lies. 

The claim that EE doesn't push out the updates is false and it is their responsibility as I said at the beginning. 

Huawei have confirmed this. They have also confirmed that the update has been with EE for a while. 

This is further evidence that all the major UK networks apart from EE have rolled out. Even EE unlocked devices have got the update. 

I have spoken to the EE complaints team today. 

They have confirmed they have had the update with them and they have said that the update has started rolling out from today. 

I've checked my device and no update yet but it may take a few days for the rollout to be complete. 

So there you have it. I'm a tad sceptical as EE have lied before as evidenced here but I'll give it a few days and see. 

This is become a security issue now as only EE users are vulnerable to the rather serious Bluetooth security flaw and will remain so while EE refuses to roll out the update. 

by Ollie8 Investigator
Investigator

I had the same error message trying to unlock on the web form. I live chatted with someone who did it for me, still waiting for the unlock code though (they said take 10 days) but imagine that's still probably quicker than waiting for the update! Tempted to just keep in the Vodafone SIM once/ if it unlocks tbh bit of a joke and only have a couple months left on contract...

by Saddy2k

I've just inserted the vodafone sim on the mate 20 pro and received two updates in 5 mins including the emui 10 update 🙂

by Polaris Contributor
Contributor

Ok guys, I've sorted my p30 pro, bought code from EE and unlocked, inserted wife O2 card and there was no updates (maybe was waiting not long enough), anyway I've done backup in hisuite, factory reset and got update, 2 actually, 2nd for emui 10, restored apps and all good now. 

Considering this it seems as update Is widely available but not when you got EE locked phone for some reason (we know why!)

Thanks for help.

by the_underdog Contributor
Contributor

We shouldn't have to be messing around with all these workarounds. EE should just release the update. All other networks did it a couple of weeks ago. What's the hold up?

by Djmikey666 Investigator
Investigator

EMUI

UK’s EE carrier will release EMUI 10 for Huawei Mate 20 Pro in April just seen this on a few different websites about emui 10 and yet we on the p30 pro don't even have a date or anything how can this be we should get the update now if they are releasing it in April for the mate 20 

by zeeuk Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Ee are liars. Huawei confirmed ee have the update and its up to them not Huawei to push the update out since its ee branded software, so thanks for telling us all lies. 

by the_underdog Contributor
Contributor

This is nothing short of a scandal. My son, who is on the 3 network, got EMUI 10 nearly a month ago, yet still nothing from these charlatans at EE. It's a huge security issue as a lot of people are still stuck on the October security update. Android 11 is out in a few months and our pricey flagships are stuck on 9. I'd encourage everyone to complain loud and long about this.

by MarkZ Investigator
Investigator

EE are lying to their customers saying that Huawei are the ones releasing. Everyone can check their phone to see current version.

Mine is EE.GB 9.1.0.4 - that is an EE version. 

EE are delaying and will not state why.

by Chris3333 Investigator
Investigator

I have formally complained and first response put the blame solely with Huawei which we all know is rubbish. Second response shows it is EE that is holding it back, they stated "Before an update is released, it goes through extensive testing with us directly, once confirmed that there is no issues, it is released to the customers to update. I cannot comment on other networks procedures, but it must differ from ours if those networks are allowing the software to go through".

I have requested an explanation as to why no security update since October even though there were critical updates included in November and December updates and have requested my phone unlocking at no expense even though I am still in contract so I can use the workaround said on here. I'll be taking it to communications ombudsman if no resolution and I'll keep you all updated. 

by Polaris Contributor
Contributor

For me it seems as someone in EE forgot to press the button allowing update for some reason, what happened here, when I put O2 card into phone it was still not updating, then after factory reset it removed EE update and new update received immediately, it was version 9.x.x.260, quite large, when installed another one appeared with Emui 10, so it seems as EE may be actually 2 updates behind, will say they screwed up something. At the end when I updated to 10.x.x.x immediately received EE update, small file - network provider update.

by Dave6018 Contributor
Contributor

My mrs has a mate 20 pro and on EE no updates , so we have a virgin sim card which is on ee and put that in , got November security patch first and then emui 10 , so are definitely doing something 

Investigator

EE has always been awful with updates. 

But this is particularly bad. They've had this update since November but it appears that they were waiting for "official" release software. 

Fact is Huawei said that the only way to get to 10 was from 9.1.2** software but EE held that back for over a month and it appears from the comments above didn't release it to everyone. 

It appears EE wanted to skip some updates not realising that those updates are needed for the stable release and proceeded to lie as they always do about it. 

They claim to be the biggest network provider but can't even do basic update process. It's a joke. 

Still no update for me despite being told it was being rolled out on Thursday. 

Investigator

@Dave6018 is your Mrs phone locked or unlocked?? 

by PJ17 Investigator
Investigator

I've had a reply from a corporate affairs bod. Same old guff about statement made last October and testing. Anyone told guff about last Thursday is in for a let down. Told me it would be April. They want to close my complaint but I will have another go on Monday and then I'll try Ofcom. Either they've having a fall out with Huawei, they've dropped one or can't be bothered or a combination. 

Investigator

I'm fully expecting nothing still. 

But it's not a falling out with Huawei as they have the update. It's not like Huawei is holding it back. 

It's just EE being a crap network

Investigator

@PJ17 don't let them close the complaint. If no resolution then ask them for a deadlock letter otherwise communication ombudsman won't help until 8 weeks has passed from your initial complaint. 

by PJ17 Investigator
Investigator

I won't be closing it, I'll keep nibbling away at it😂

by Dave6018 Contributor
Contributor

Unlocked bought from argos 

by wooooson Contributor
Contributor

Just paid have p30 pro unlocked.. Put a vodaphone payg sim in...  No updates available.. Mmmm

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.