by Dave6018 Contributor
Contributor

Re: EMUI 10 what is EE's excuse

We should all Email **removed** and watchdog@bbc.co.uk. They can ignore one of us but can't ignore. Us when we are in numbers.  

by MarkZ Investigator
Investigator

I tried to put a vodafone sim in, but it wants me to enter unlock code 😕

by TrevoMcClelland Contributor
Contributor

@MarkZ  sorry to hear that mate where did you get your phone from 

by TrevoMcClelland Contributor
Contributor

@Brad93 You should give it a try I did it on the Mate 20X 5G and it work fine can't see why it wouldn't work you need to search the update through the HiCare app that's how I got it 

Highlighted
by AuroraLight19 Established Contributor
Established Contributor

I'll be emailing Watchdog this morning mate. I've spoke to somebody at the daily mail as well after they saw my tweets, got an interview with them lined up. Going to make sure EE are expose . 

by PJ17 Investigator
Investigator

First post here, bear with....

I've got a Mate 20 pro and have been following this for sometime. Regularly checking for updates etc. Just lashed out 29p on a Vodaphone sim.. 

by Polaris Contributor
Contributor

I've checked O2 SIM in my dual SIM p30 pro, no joy, tried then request simunlock through ee website and it don't recognise my phone number or IMEI, complete joke. Seems as everything is wrong with this company, 10 years with them, never expected such bad service.

by D33P
Visitor

Updated through the hisuite Windows app last week and now running Android 10. Although the update didn't show when trying to update via the handset.

by Polaris Contributor
Contributor

I assume you have unlocked device then.

by Dave6018 Contributor
Contributor

Is anybody on twitter can they re tweet my tweet about this dave6018

by NewtonHeath Investigator
Investigator

Thanks to the original poster who had the thought process to swap sim cards. 

I have just updated to EMUI10 on an old GIFFGAFF sim with no credit on it. I used my house WiFi and it worked a treat. 

Master Stroke 

by lesleb Contributor
Contributor

dave6018 retweeted your tweet. Hope this gives them the kick up the arse that's obviously needed

by Brad93 Investigator
Investigator

@Dave6018 I too have retweeted this. Thanks for the effort mate!

by Dave6018 Contributor
Contributor

Cheers, I know on are own we can't make a difference but if we unite then we can, make sure we all Email Marc allera as well it won't let me past his email address, ee should either release  update or unlock our phones for free

by 123SG Investigator
Investigator

I flashed EMUI using the dload method from XDA. It was a full wipe but i am now on EMUI10. As soon as it booted up i receved an update from EE to install their bloatware. 

Not sure who is at fault pushing out the update but the largest mobile phone network should not be leaving their customers behind with smaller networks pushing out the OTA.

Screenshot_20200211_104038_com.huawei.android.hwouc.jpg

by NewtonHeath Investigator
Investigator

It seems EE are being made a laughing stock, with these alternative update methods.

I will be reviewing who I take my next contract out with. Customer comes first or customer leaves. 

by lesleb Contributor
Contributor

Only 2 replies from anyone connected to EE in this whole thread so far. The silence is deafining.  In other news vodafone shares rise sharply due to EE customers ordering sim cards to update there handsets (satire). 

by Chris3333 Investigator
Investigator

Hi PJ17. I also have a mate 20 Pro which is stuck on October update. Other networks have updated their security updates for this same phone so I complained to EE and the response I got back was purely blaming Huawei. Absolute farce. I'm locked to network so unless I pay to unlock it then the sim card won't work for me. I certainly won't be renewing my contracts as they won't take security of phones seriously

by Polaris Contributor
Contributor

I can't even unlock it, contract on 9th month and on webpage it says my phone number or phone IMEI not recognised as one of EE, jokers.........

by the_underdog Contributor
Contributor

Will it work if I just remove the SIM card and try to update? Or does it need to have a SIM inserted? Either way this is an absolute farce. EE and Huawei are blaming each other and as usual, us customers who pay for it are left in the dark.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.