by Urban_J Investigator
Investigator

EMUI 10 for P30 Lite & Mate 20 Lite

I am currently stuck on EMUI version 9.1.0 on my EE contract P30 Lite and the EMUI 10 update has been released to EE and I have been waiting very patiently for quite a while now and have noticed other in the community talking about very similar topics. When I got offered the p30 Lite I was told that it definetly would receive emui 10 and I really don't like the idea of getting into a contract with a phone that I can't even update due to EE not sending the update packets. As it's their responsibility. My Mate 20 Lite which is also supposed to be ready and all EE needs to do is send out the updates and we can all be safe, secure.

Any advice would be appreciated

5 REPLIES 5
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: EMUI 10 for P30 Lite & Mate 20 Lite

@Urban_J   EE doesn’t push the update out that the device manufacturer.  EE needs to approve the update before that happens.   You will have to wait till your device notifies you about an update.  

by zeeuk Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Yet Three, O2, Vodafone and Virgin all approved last year. I have a mate 20 Pro by the way. Seems EE is neglecting Huawei customers. If they can't give us updates in a timely manner than give us unlock codes so we can use other sims to receive the updates. 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@zeeuk   If you want to unlock your device click the green wording below to see how to request it, EE doesn’t have to give you a unlock code if your still within the first 6 months of the contract and it will cost you £8.99 if your still within your contract period.  Updates are not part of your contract with EE. 

by Urban_J Investigator
Investigator

I couldn't agree more, I still feel as if this is a issue that needs to be looked at by EE. I came from a Mate 20 Lite which was expected to receive the update months ago and never happened. I was happy with that phone and got offered a upgrade to the p30 Lite which isn't much of a upgrade I prefer the mate 20 lite. One of the major reasons I chose to accept the upgrade is because I believed it would be running emui10 as it is a newer model. I definitely can't be the only person who feels let down by EE with this matter. People on other networks have long received the updates yet I'm still 9.1 on both of my devices. Bit of a joke EE

by Urban_J Investigator
Investigator

Still no updates, only EE customers are experiencing these problems which I find redicolous considering you call yourself the UK's biggest network, was a long time Three Mobile customer (10+ years) and never waited for updates. It is a expectation that you will receive regular updates on a newly purchased device that was supplied and locked to EE. Nobody wants to hear "Huawei are responsible for rolling out the update" because the updates are done OTA sent from the provider it's just how it works. This is not just a issue for some people but most Huawei devices locked to EE and I believe it has also missed more than just the emui 10 update there should have been a 9.2 in-between the version we should be currently running. If things don't change up I'll be straight off after my contract is done as no effort has been made to resolve this when the customers are clearly reaching boiling point. Android 11 is coming soon enough, will we still be running 9.1 then? Pretty outrageous EE, things like this really don't compliment your company image

http://www.huaweicentral.com/huawei-p30-lite-on-emui-10-receiving-january-2020-security-update/

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.