by Saju_MA Investigator
Investigator

EE Lifetime Warranty Coverage

Hi,

I am new in EE and I was a bit concerned about what does the EE Lifetime Warranty cover for. For example: I bought OnePlus 7 pro witch front camera is shown by the use of an internal mechanism. My concern is that as we all know that there is a limitation on how many time the front camera can go in and out before breaking, and because I like to use face recognition, this process will happen more than once per day. If one day it doesn't work anymore will the lifetime warranty cover for it?

Thanks.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: EE Lifetime Warranty Coverage

@Saju_MA @BrendonH @Chris_B 

What is interesting about this product is on the news page it's heading implies this is a warranty product:

EE LAUNCHES UK’S FIRST MOBILE PLANS WITH SWAPPABLE BENEFITS AND LIFETIME SMARTPHONE WARRANTY

However it's not until later in the article that you will see this isn't a warranty product, but a guarantee:

EE lifetime guarantee:Only with EE Service Packs will a customer’s device be covered against any manufacturer faults for the lifetime of their new contract, until they upgrade or leave, providing extended warranty protection, and repairs using authorised experts – all at no extra cost.

Warranties and Guarantees are different products and have different levels of legal responsibility, at best this is misleading customers especially when you read the terms and conditions.

As with any free guarantee product is designed to decline all claims. One of the most important points in the key facts is the wear and tear exclusion. This would apply to the OP question as if the pop up camera fails in the first 24 months then it's a warranty claim direct with the manufacturer, after that period it will be wear and tear and excluded under EE guarantee. 

Reading the T&C and in my view, it's clear the EE Guarantee offers no value whatsoever. 

I'm sure that statistically most people would upgrade after 24 months anyway. 

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

Screenshot_20191201-214948_Samsung Internet Beta.jpg

According to OnePlud you can do it 150 times a day for 5 and half years without a problem.

Warranty includes fault so if it were faulty I would believe they would fix

BrendonH (Android Expert) Samsung Galaxy S10+ (Android 10/One UI 2.0)
If I have helped please click the THUMB/SOLUTION buttons below
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Saju_MA   The life time warranty will be the length of the contract you took when taking out this device. Also Oneplus give you a 24 month warranty on the device please see HERE.

and if I remember correctly oneplus tested this camera so much that you’ll not perform that same amount of unlocks with it per day over the 24 months that the device is in warranty. 

Highlighted
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

@Saju_MA @BrendonH @Chris_B 

What is interesting about this product is on the news page it's heading implies this is a warranty product:

EE LAUNCHES UK’S FIRST MOBILE PLANS WITH SWAPPABLE BENEFITS AND LIFETIME SMARTPHONE WARRANTY

However it's not until later in the article that you will see this isn't a warranty product, but a guarantee:

EE lifetime guarantee:Only with EE Service Packs will a customer’s device be covered against any manufacturer faults for the lifetime of their new contract, until they upgrade or leave, providing extended warranty protection, and repairs using authorised experts – all at no extra cost.

Warranties and Guarantees are different products and have different levels of legal responsibility, at best this is misleading customers especially when you read the terms and conditions.

As with any free guarantee product is designed to decline all claims. One of the most important points in the key facts is the wear and tear exclusion. This would apply to the OP question as if the pop up camera fails in the first 24 months then it's a warranty claim direct with the manufacturer, after that period it will be wear and tear and excluded under EE guarantee. 

Reading the T&C and in my view, it's clear the EE Guarantee offers no value whatsoever. 

I'm sure that statistically most people would upgrade after 24 months anyway. 

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.

View solution in original post

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.