by Imapwr Contributor
Contributor

Device Unknown

My Device still says unknown, this is almost 3 months, my Q. As I want to buy items Pacific to my phone, in the recommendations the items I am offered the most are Apple, I don't have Apple, it's Huawei, and recommendations are there so to save time looking for accessories. It's getting annoying how EE feels it's justified shoving apple products at me every time I come onto the web site, I find it very bias. I would like support for my phone and recommendations for my phone, what can be done. Cheers for any help

8 REPLIES 8
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Device Unknown

Your device being displayed as unknown has nowt to do with any recommendations. That display is purely cosmetic & does not affect anything else.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @Imapwr

Is it really difficult to type "Huawei" into accessories search?  It defaults to Apple because it begins with "A" as that's the first letter of the alphabet, so the search algorithm uses Apple by default. It's not some conspiracy. 

As @XRaySpeX has said that picture will update one EE as updated their device list, but has no other function than cosmetic and doesn't impact your EE service. 

I would also suggest if you are looking for accessories then use Amazon as they will be cheaper and you will get a better selection. 

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by Imapwr Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for taking the time to reply, but EE should work on tailoring the search for items that are Pacific to your phone, for me it looked like EE have taken that extra step by display accessories recommended to my phone, why else would you state recommended? then show me Apple cases. As with any item you recommended item associated to that product, like Xbox dontd have PS4 games recommended. But I do understand when I do a search A to z and so on. Just would of liked better support for a product. Especially when you pay close to £70/£80 a month. Still we goodV from mistakes.

by Imapwr Contributor
Contributor

And type Huawei in search and see what you get, nothing by my last count. Yes phones/tablets but nothing for P20 lite, and only 1 or 2 for the flagship phone.

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi and welcome to the community, @Imapwr.

Thank you for your suggestions regarding the accessory recommendations.

Chris 🙂

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Northerner wrote:

As @XRaySpeX has said that picture will update one EE as updated their device list,

Actually, @Northerner, I deliberately did not say that as the OP said it's been doing this for 3 months Smiley Wink.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by davidsuffolk Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Not exactly a major problem but my OnePlus 6 still shows as device unknown  on my EE account 

"We can't tell what device you're using. This happens if you're connected to WiFi. We'll update this info next time you connect to our network. But you'll still be able to use My EE as normal in the meantime."

It has been several months now but remains unknown.

As said above it doesn't bother me at all but it is "odd".

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @davidsuffolk,

I think this is because you are using a device that isn't available on EE.

As far as I'm aware, My EE can only recognise devices that can be purchased direct from EE.

Thanks

James

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.