Highlighted
by
Investigator

DATA USAGE off on phone, but loosing airtime? not heavy phone user?

Have noticed that my airtime balance is being slowly used up although not using phone?, not prolific user.  Used to have healthy balance, have under advise from ORANGE switched off DATA USAGE in settings, which have done, but is at times inconvenient, but am still loosing balance.?  Has my phone been hacked?, is there something else running in back that am not aware off?. Is the phone itself at vault/vaulty?. Not a happy camper at the moment,  If someone could give me some pointers that will solve and stop this, would then be a very happier camper? 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by
Ace Contributor
Solution
Accepted by topic author OuBoet1961
8 hours ago

Re: DATA USAGE off on phone, but loosing airtime? not heavy phone user?

Let us know how you get on if you have the time @OuBoet1961

Customer service on 450 from your Orange PAYG phone or 07973 100 450 from any other can check/reset the online account for you if you are still having problems. Smiley Happy

9 REPLIES
by
Ace Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hello @OuBoet1961 sorry to hear you are having data/credit problems. If you still have access to your online account you can check your recent usage to see what exactly is using your credit by logging in and navigating to Current credit & extras>Recent usage. Here is the link to log in to Your Orange online:

https://web.orange.co.uk/id/signin.php

Which plan are you on? What phone do you have? Smiley Happy

by
Investigator

Hello there,
Thanks for your reply, am pay as you go user, have model HUAWEI Y300 phone
by
Ace Contributor

Hello @OuBoet1961 which PAYG plan? You can check if you are not sure by calling 343 from your Orange phone. Were you able to log in online to check what the charges were?

Have you got mobile data switched off in settings>all>mobile networks and making sure all options are unticked? Once this is done your phone should not connect using your data connection at all and restrict it purely to WiFi. Smiley Happy

by
Investigator

Hi there,

Have found out what package PAYG am on, anytime fixed rate with bonus top
reward.
(thanks for the tip on which no. to call, have made a note of for future
ref.)

As regards to getting in to my account, well, have registered with EE, and
have got my login details via
retun Email, but will not accept either email add or password, but both as
far as am aware are correct .....ARGH!!!
by
Ace Contributor

Hello @OuBoet1961 you chose the wrong day to register I am afraid! The systems are currently down for maintenance etc and are not letting anyone in. Please try again later and hopefully they should be back up and running by then.

Just to make sure you want to be logging in to Orange online accounts not EE, here is the direct link to Your Orange online. Smiley Happy:

https://web.orange.co.uk/id/signin.php

by
Investigator

Thanks for the heads up on that, have copied add. in, have just tried to
get in again, and still not accepting details.

Fingers crossed will be able to get in before end of this century. Onward
and upward!
by
Ace Contributor
Solution
Accepted by topic author OuBoet1961
8 hours ago

Let us know how you get on if you have the time @OuBoet1961

Customer service on 450 from your Orange PAYG phone or 07973 100 450 from any other can check/reset the online account for you if you are still having problems. Smiley Happy

by
Investigator

Hello there Tom222 (Ace Contributor)

I have great news!!, have finally been able to get on to the site.  

As regards to checking the charges, resorted to calling 150, got cut off twice and you have to pay 25p for the call, bit of a cheek I feel.  Actually shows that the package is "Anytime bonus topup".Charges are bit higher than thought.?

Current situation is under consideration at the moment.  Thank you for all your pointers and guidance given, was much appreciated.

Ciao for now

by
Ace Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hello @OuBoet1961 thank you for coming back to update me on how you have been getting on. 

Although I am sorry to hear it took a couple of attempts to cal through I am very happy to hear they were able to regain access to your online account, the systems bugged up a couple of years ago locking the majority of users out forever so really good news they were successful with yours!

The call/text charges for Orange price plans are increasing slightly at the end of next month. Here is a link containing more information on the increases:

http://ee.co.uk/help/add-ons-benefits-and-plans/price-plans-and-costs/orange-price-plans/orange-payg...

Here is a link to the current and new price guides if you would like to cross reference any charges on your account. Smiley Happy:

http://ee.co.uk/help/add-ons-benefits-and-plans/price-plans-and-costs/orange-price-plans/orange-pay-...

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.