by dan_the_kiwi

Cases for EE Hawk

I was wondering if anyone that owns an EE hawk has had any luck finding a decent case for their phone?

I have gone mad looking on line for a suitable case. I know its not really necessary, as it has gorilla glass front and a glass backing, so scratches are going to be minimal anyway, but would be nice if I could just give it a bit more protection, as I really like the phone.

I did go into an EE store today and they advised that it takes a few months after release of a phone for the accessories to follow. Would any of the caes for the Rook, Harrier or Kestrel fit? Any advice would be helpful.

11 REPLIES 11
by
EE Employee

Re: Cases for EE Hawk

Hi and welcome to the community @dan_the_kiwi

I've had a quick look at our accessories website and can't see any currently stocked it may be worth dropping them a quick message to see if they will be stocking soon.

Many thanks,

Lee

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@dan_the_kiwi  I just did a quick eBay search “EE hawk case” there are some there and I did even see you can get a glass screen protector. 

by cdbutler82 Investigator
Investigator

The closest I could find is a gel case for an LG k8 it fits nicely around the phone, and has a cut out for the camera lens and charger input. You would need to make a hole for 3.5mm jack though. The case does cover up the volume and power switch but they can be pressed through the gel. 

by GeoffC
Explorer

Obtained a Hawk phone a couple of weeks ago, no cases available in local EE shop, but the assistant who dealt with me suggested Amazon.  Despite searching for Bespoke Hawk cases, the one that arrived was far from bespoke. It completely coveren the fingerprint I/D area, and kept turning the volume off. Needless to say it was promptly returned. Although being sold as "bespoke" it was obviously a common generic case, so don't make the same mistake as me. I think it's going to be a matter of patiently waiting until EE launch a propper one

by Stickings90 Established Contributor
Established Contributor

I got a Hawk today (07 July 2018) and they still don't have any. I have asked the chat room person and they still advised to look on Amazon, given GeoffC's experience, not looking hopeful

by GeoffC
Explorer

Fantastic phone but disappointed that you STILL can’t obtain the correct case/cover, even from EE who are missing out on a great sales opportunity

Sent from my iPhone
by Stickings90 Established Contributor
Established Contributor

I managed to buy a pouch, sleeve from Tesco for £6 which I am using in the absence of any protective casing from EE.

I have to say in terms of EE Own brand phones, this issue Hawk, and some others, at the moment is a real let down compared to the Kestrel and the Harrier mini. Has EE lost interest in own branded phones?

by Brassraptor Investigator
Investigator

I recently bought a Hawk.   As above, I had no luck in finding a decent case for it.

I bought a leather pouch case but that was useless, as the phone kept slipping out of it, and you have to take it out to use it, or to use the camera.

In desperation I tried it into my wife's phone case, and it fitted after a fashion.  I can now report that I bought a flip case specifically for a  Sony Xperia (Xperia M2 (D2303)) (and I was particular to buy one for that specific model D2303)  It was from Amazon, priced at £3.99

The case has an all-round grip which with a bit of a stretch, will take the Hawk.  It holds it nicely. The cutout in the back is exactly right for the camera lens and flash - and there is a small hole next to the on/off switch, which avoids the problem some people have described about the case turning the Hawk off.  

I modified the plastic gripper strip with a pyrography tool (like a small soldering iron) and melted a couple of extra holes in for the charger, earphone and volume buttons.

If you ignore the slight bumpy-ness of the plastic near where I melted the holes, it does the job very nicely.   I hope to attach a picture..

Sany-HawkCase.jpg

It would still be nice if EE made a proper made-to-measure hard case for this phone though.  Any sign of that anyone?

by
EE Community Support Team

Morning @Brassraptor

Thanks for coming back to the community.

Our EE Accessories Shop has all the cases we have available. 

You can message our Accessories department to see if we will have any stock available for the EE Hawk.

Thanks, Leanne 🙂

by Brassraptor Investigator
Investigator

@Leanne_T wrote:

Our EE Accessories Shop has all the cases we have available. 

You can message our Accessories department to see if we will have any stock available for the EE Hawk.

Thanks Leanne.

The Accesories dept search reports that EE have zero accessories available for the Hawk. 

I have sent them a message, but I am not holding out much hope.

Thanks anyway

by
EE Community Team

Hi @Brassraptor,

Come back and let us know what happens with the response.

Alex 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.