by Jannen Contributor
Contributor

Cant access Apple music anymore, settings phone number has changed?

Hi. Last night I suddenly lost access to Apple Music, saying Im not registered to using it. (!). It picks up another phone number -which i assume is the original number on SIM. In phone settings it also shows this wrong number. My correct number was ported back in October! Whats going on/// please help!!

7 REPLIES 7
by
EE Employee

Re: Cant access Apple music anymore, settings phone number has changed?

Good morning @Jannen

Welcome to the Community! Smiley Happy

Sorry to hear you're having issues.

You'll need to speak to customer services so they can run some diagnostics.

Are you a personal pay monthly customer?

Thanks - Karen. Smiley Happy

by Jannen Contributor
Contributor

Hi Karen

Im pay monthly - moved from tmob to EE. I spoken to someone in EE and they refreshed some settings on my phone. However the wrong number still shows in settings... this happened yesterday so im puzzled what happened? 😞

by
EE Employee

Good Afternoon @Jannen

Thanks!

If you go into Apple Music > Subscriptions, what does it show in here?

It sounds like you may have signed up for the 3 months Apple Music rather than the EE 6 months trial.

Thanks - Karen. Smiley Happy 

by stuarttunstall Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Not related to Apple Music, but I have just ported my number over from Vodafone to EE.. 

When the transfer was completed yesterday my Galaxy Note 4 showed the temp EE number rather than my Vodafone number.. Spoke via chat to Brian in technical who sent an update to the SIM... I was told to turn the handset off and on but may take up to 24 hours to update... 

I turned off and on about 4 times over a 5 min period and it has updated my number... The SIM now shows the correct one..

Brian did say if it did not work they can send a blank SIM which could then be allocated to my ported number.

Stuart

by Jannen Contributor
Contributor

Hi. EE offers 6 months Apple music, not 3 months. Same as Bt sport. 

I spoke to someone on technical team who asked me turn phone off and on and he would do something on his side. Apple music works now after I reinstalled it, however the wrong number is still on Sim! 

There are other apps like Instagram that shows the wrong number for my account... what can I do please? 

by stuarttunstall Established Contributor
Established Contributor

When I had an online chat with Brian in Technical support he did say they can send a completely blank SIM which they can then allocate to the correct number which should sort this.

May be worth having a chat or call them 

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Jannen

I found this for you on How do I update my profile information (ex: name, username, email)?  From Instagrams help and support pages.

Let us know how you get on @Jannen

Cheers

Richard

🙂

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.