by Mlf Investigator
Investigator

Cannot text from abroad despite roaming

Hello. I'm in Denmark with my Galaxy 5 (2017). I can make phone calls but cannot send texts. 

I'm on a contract. 

I hope you'r able to help.

Cheers, Mike

5 REPLIES 5
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Cannot text from abroad despite roaming

Hi, 

Is your text message centre number +447958879879

If you have roaming active then it should work. Try restarting your phone a couple of times or manually connecting to another network. 

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by Mlf Investigator
Investigator

Hello. Many thanks for the message. I cannot see anything wrong - the message centre number is correct.  The network... It's set to connect automatically but I have also tried manually (only one network available). I've restarted a couple of times. Still won't send texts.

by
EE Employee

Hi and welcome to the community @Mlf

Please can I get you to manually type one of you contacts into the recipents box manually +447 etc and then complete a message.

Does this helps?

Many thanks,

Lee

by Mlf Investigator
Investigator

Many thanks Lee. Still no joy though. For all it's worth, when we landed in Copenhagen my wife got the text message saying welcome abroad, you're roaming etc. I didn't get any message. So is it something about the network? 

by
EE Employee

Hi @Mlf

It is very strange as you are able to call, please do give customer services a quick call as they will be able to see if anything needs tweeked at our end.

Many thanks,

Lee

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.