by stevestrat
Explorer

Can't send MMS messages

I picked up a Samsung S3 mini as a second phone, stuck an £15 EE PAYG card in it. Everything is fine but I can't send pictures? Tried the helpline (150), waste of time, couldn't talk to a human being! Found a page with configuration settings, they were sent to the phone, installed them, made no difference. I can send pictures to the phone but not from the phone, it tries to send it then fails and I get a message "server not activated on network"?

Suggestions would be appreciated.

8 REPLIES 8
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Re: Can't send MMS messages

HI,

@stevestrat

Do you have credit in your account account?

Please text AL to 150 to check what response you get.

You need credit in your account to send mms from your pay as you go phone. 

For mms settings please click on this link, 

http://setup-ee.wdsglobal.com/mms

Thanks 

by stevestrat
Explorer

I'm on the £15 data pack. The credit doesn't sit in the phone if you know what I mean, top up and the allowances reset but nothing shows as credit on the phone. The phone tries to send but it gets bounced back at the server.

I tried the page you linked to, installed the setting but made no difference, I've tried it twice actually..

by Grand Master
Grand Master

If you have no credit you can't send MMS. MMS are not included in your pack allowances; only SMS are.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

HI,

@stevestrat

You need credit on your account to send mms as mms are not part of packs.

Mms charge extra and you need credit in your account.

Mms charges are 40p per mms. 

Price plans and call charges for customers 

Many Thanks 

by stevestrat
Explorer

Bit of a pain as the Samsung converts a long SMS to a MMS. I'm ending up composing messages in the phone's "notepad" then sending. Not familiar with bundles, as I mentioned its the £15 data pack I'm on, if I top up more than £15 does the amount over £15 go as credit on the phone?

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@stevestrat   Depending on the pack allowance and the amount you top up by the credit will purchase a pack and any other credit is left on the account.   So if you top up say £5 and your on a £15 pack it will not purchase a pack and will remain as credit on the account for you to use for MMS if you want.  You could too top up £20 and it will only take £15 for the pack so leaving you £5 on your account. 

by stevestrat
Explorer

Glad its that simple! Many thanks.

by
EE Employee

Hi@stevestrat and welcome to the community.

Glad you got the information you need.

Many thanks,

Lee 

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.