by Saamir Investigator
Investigator

Can't receive text messages

Hi it's been few days I can't recieve any messages. I can text but cant get reply.Spoke to customer centre they advised me to go to ee shop n get another simcard. Did that but no luck. I tried this dum card in another unlock fon. Still same problem. It's my work fon don't want this problem. I checked no number is blocked. Message centre number ok. I can text to my number n i can get those but not from others.Any help please 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by
EE Employee
Solution

Re: Can't receive text messages

Hi @Saamir

So I can try and assist, please may I know if you have tried a back up and restore.

Many thanks,

Lee

9 REPLIES 9
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @Saamir

• What phone do you have?
  • Are you on PAYG or on a pay monthly contract? 
  • Was your number ported over to EE? 

Thanks, 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Saamir

Welcome to the community. 🙂

Could you please get back to us answering @Northerner's questions please?

We'll do our best to help.

Chris 🙂

by Saamir Investigator
Investigator

Hi. I'm on pay monthly contract. I got Samsung s6 edge. It's been 5 6 years this was Lyca number then I transferred it to  Giffgaff and then finally on ee but it' more than 3 years I ported it shouldn't be the problem. Since I moved on ee I got this problem. Network problem where I live.   Messages problem. Call drop r take a while to connect n sometimes it go mute for a sec . Well that's another issue. Thanks 

by
EE Employee
Solution

Hi @Saamir

So I can try and assist, please may I know if you have tried a back up and restore.

Many thanks,

Lee

by Saamir Investigator
Investigator

No. And I don't wana loose data from fon like pics and contacts n loads of stuff in calender memo. If anything it's from ee main server. Bcuz this happened last year I did same things but that time when I changed sim it started working fine  

by
EE Employee

Hi @Saamir 

It sounds like we may need to try a network refresh to see if this helps.

Have you spoken to customer services in regards to this?

Many thanks,

Lee

by Saamir Investigator
Investigator

Thanks guys for your help.  Problem is solved. I received hundreds of pending msgs that I haven't received from 2, 3 days.  Idk how did that happened but it's working now I can recieve texts yayy. Thanks again for ur help. bless 

by Saamir Investigator
Investigator

No I did nothing. No restore n back up no factory reset. All I did is just left it like that n it get bck to normal. As I mentioned earlier I went to ee store sim replacement n tried sim in different fon. Checked msg centre number. Text to my own number. Switch mobile network to o2 n bck to ee. Restart my fon complete power off n on. Checked any of number was blocked.i think dats it. When nothing worked I left it like dat n started working n I received all d pending msgs. Miracle 

Thanks

by
EE Community Support Team

Morning @Saamir

Thanks for coming back and letting us know.

Glad this is sorted for you.

Have a lovely weekend.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.