by Chelle2

Can't get hold of tech support & my Samsung S6 has virus which got bank details?

I've had issues with my Samsung S6 running really really slowly and had pop up ads just appear on the screen even when the phone is locked over the last two days.  I've had confirmation from the bank saying that the apps which have my bank details linked saying that there have been attemps from my phone to purchase from amazon and in game purchases at times of the day I wouldn't normally be using apps ie when I'm asleep or at work.  I can't get hold of technical support - have tried during the day today and now they are closed.

Thanks in advance for any help.

2 REPLIES 2
by Profile closed
Not applicable

Re: Can't get hold of tech support & my Samsung S6 has virus which got bank

Hello @Chelle2 here are the contact details for EE they open from 8am tomorrow but they can only help you with line or accounts faults. You would need to speak to Samsung for device faults:

http://ee.co.uk/help/get-in-touch

Have you deleted the app or tried resetting the device to factory settings? Depending on when you last backed up you may need to start again fresh if the back up is also corrupted. 

Disabling WiFi & mobile data when you are not using it in the meantime should prevent it connecting and attempting any purchases unattended. 🙂

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Can't get hold of tech support & my Samsung S6 has virus which got bank

Hi, 

Where did you obtain the phone? 

• Have you installed a rom or unlocked the bootloader? 
  • Have you installed any apps from anywhere other than play store? 
  • Have you allowed apps to be installed from unknown sources under settings? 

For there to be any remote chance of this actually happening you would have needed to installed and given permission to the app/service to access certain areas of your phone. 

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.