by Hal57 Investigator
Investigator

Can't connect my "Entertainment Box" (Droid Box) to router?

Have just joined EE Broadband and connected most things up no problem. However, my "Entertainment Box" (also, I understand known as a "Droid Box") won't connect. Just says "connecting" permanently. I recall having this problem when we first had it and I had to turn off security settings on my then BT account. Reading the internet I think I must have to do something similar with EE, by switching the Content Lock and Safety off. Is this so? And if so, how do you go about doing it? The EE help pages seem to send you in a circle. Many thanks for reading.

8 REPLIES 8
by Profile closed
Not applicable

Re: Can't connect my "Entertainment Box" (Droid Box) to router?

Hello @Hal57 you can access the EE routers settings using this link (username is admin and password should be on a sticker underneath the router):

http://192.168.1.1

🙂

by Grand Master
Grand Master

There is no Content Lock on EE Home BB.

Does the Box see the router's network SSID? Have you given it the router's WiFi password. Or does this Box connect by a WPS button? If so, see Bright Box router - connect using WiFi protected setup (WPS).

It's never a good idea to turn off security on a WiFi network.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Hal57 Investigator
Investigator

Hi Tom222
Many thanks for that. Will try later today and let you know.
Cheers
Hal

Sent from Issie iPad
by Hal57 Investigator
Investigator

Hi XrayspeX
Thanks for that.
It does see the EE box (although not the 5ghz connection). We clicked on that but just says "connecting..." forever and ever.
So Content Lock is just a phone thing then presumably. I am not very techie and found the Help pages rather confusing.
I am uncomfortable switching off security, but if that's the only way then it has to be done. I've not got a smart TV so rely on this for BBC iplayer etc. Switching it off when we had the BT thing didn't seem to make any difference to anything.
Thanks again
Hal

Sent from Issie iPad
by Profile closed
Not applicable

Speak soon @Hal57 let us know if there is anything else you need in the meantime. 🙂 

by Hal57 Investigator
Investigator

Much to my relief (and embarrassment) when I switched everything on to try your suggestion, it connected to the router straight away! I had previously tried switching everything off and on again, so I am at a total loss to explain how this has happened! So sorry to have wasted your time, but many many thanks.

by Profile closed
Not applicable

Hello @Hal57 great news glad to hear it is now working for you. Thank you for coming back to let us know. 🙂 

by
EE Community Support Team

This is great news @Hal57

Never need to apologise always here to help 🙂

Pop back anytime!

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.