by killyouridols08 Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Can anyone from EE Confirm the RAM on the S10+ Devices?

Based on the "controversy" on This article, can anyone in the loop at EE confirm what their devices ...

I mean, I ordered a 8GB S10+ and even though it was confirmed to be an 8gb device, the samsung blurb on the EE shop page here now states there is a 6gb/8gb/12gb version. However, I'm sure this was never the case? The 128gb Storage variant has (Had?) 8gb RAM and the Premium 1TB had 12GB RAM?

Can anyone clear this up whether it is just display units with 6gb RAM or all the 128 Gb Storage variants?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor
Solution

Re: Can anyone from EE Confirm the RAM on the S10+ Devices?

@killyouridols08 wrote:

@BrendonH wrote:

...The pictures showing 6GB are models that are being demo'd and are probably prototypes made before the final decision. It is also suggested it is just an error in the hardware and a software update will show the correct RAM...

This is what I was thinking/hoping someone could confirm. I was originally under the impression there were 3 versions, 128, 512 and 1tb storage with 6, 8 and 12gb RAM respectivly. In which case the 128 versions we have ordered would of been correct at 6gb RAM

No this is not the case. 

Samsung have confirmed the following.

S10e 128GB/6GB

S10 128GB/8GB - 512GB/8GB

S10+ 128GB/8GB - 512GB/8GB - 1TB/12GB

BrendonH (Android Expert) Samsung Galaxy S10+ (Pie 9.0)
If I have helped please click the THUMB/SOLUTION buttons below
8 REPLIES 8
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@killyouridols08  Why not got search google and you’ll find THIS

Established Contributor

I've searched Google, but thanks for the snarky comment. The issue is, despite what Samsung say on various sites and promotional material, the DEVICES are reporting different amounts of RAM. Some say depending on region, others on whether the device is unlocked or from a carrier.

I wondered if EE could confirm or deny anything based on their devices.

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @killyouridols08 

Have a look at our Samsung S10 landing page and scroll down to the 'Compare Galaxy S10 range', it explains the RAM for each available device.

Chris

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

The S10 phones come with 8GB of RAM. The S10e phone comes with 6GB RAM.

The only version to have 12GB is the 1TB version.

The pictures showing 6GB are models that are being demo'd and are probably prototypes made before the final decision. It is also suggested it is just an error in the hardware and a software update will show the correct RAM.

Established Contributor

@BrendonH wrote:

...The pictures showing 6GB are models that are being demo'd and are probably prototypes made before the final decision. It is also suggested it is just an error in the hardware and a software update will show the correct RAM...

This is what I was thinking/hoping someone could confirm. I was originally under the impression there were 3 versions, 128, 512 and 1tb storage with 6, 8 and 12gb RAM respectivly. In which case the 128 versions we have ordered would of been correct at 6gb RAM

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor
Solution

@killyouridols08 wrote:

@BrendonH wrote:

No this is not the case. 

S10e 128GB/6GB

Established Contributor

@BrendonH wrote:

@killyouridols08 wrote:

@BrendonH wrote:

No this is not the case. 

S10e 128GB/6GB

Perfect. Thank you.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@killyouridols08  It wasn’t meant to be snarky but ha ho. 

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.