by Mekon0
Explorer

Can I use the same number on two mobiles?

I have two mobile pay as you go phones and find that they are both have the same number which somehow happened when I bought a new phone and still had credit left on my old one. Can I top up my old phone and still use both on the same no.?

5 REPLIES 5
by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

Re: Can I use the same number on two mobiles?

Hello @Mekon0 ,

Welcome to the community,

No sorry, the only way you can use the same number on both is by removing the SIM card from one phone putting it in the other phone and then when you want to use the other phone again put that same SIM card back in the other phone.

It is one phone number per mobile, so if you have two mobiles you want to use at the same time, you will need two SIM cards and they will each have a mobile number.

There is nothing stopping you swapping phones by putting the SIM card in a different number, but you cannot have the same number on two SIM cards.

by Mekon0
Explorer

Hi Shockway and many thanks for a quick reply, however whilst waiting to see if a reply came I found a guy on the internet who has three mobiles with the same number. Given your obvious knowledge on these things how does he manage that?
Best wishes Mekon0
by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

@Mekon0 , I have no idea, as that is not the way it works and EE do not do this, nor as far as I know any other network. He must be talking out of the back of his neck, actually have three different numbers or something.

He must be doing what I suggested to you, by moving his SIM card from one mobile to another.

Each mobile must have a different number, but under settings have set it to receive calls on other devices, this is how I have mine set up, so that I can receive calls on my watch and I-Pad as well, all are Apple devices, not sure how this would work with Android though.

by Mekon0
Explorer

Hello again Shockwave and once more thanks for a fast reply. I will not try putting credit on my older phone as it appears that will not work! Cheers
Mekon0
by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

@Mekon0 You are welcome, glad to help.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.