by Colin_miles1 Investigator
Investigator

Can I remove ee adverts from first page of internet

15 REPLIES 15
by Profile closed
Not applicable

Re: Can I remove ee adverts from first page of internet

Get an ad-blocker app such as Purify (not sure if that is available on Android though sorry?)

There will always be others as well you can try (some are free, some come with a charge).

Be wary though that some ad-blocker apps do sometimes effect ordinary websites from working correctly.  You will need to white-list those in the app settings to get them to work.

Many news websites don't like ad-blocker apps and throw up an annoying 'you are using ad-blocking' banners now!!

Investigator

Brooks as if that ee page is bookmarked and will not allow it to be deleted. V annoying as it takes up the page and pushes my real bookmarks of bottom of screen. Will ad blocker allow me to remove this

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi, 

Can you just not change your homepage under the browser settings. 

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by
EE Employee

Hi @Colin_miles1, welcome to the Community.

So I can try and advise, please may I know where you are seeing these adverts?

Is it on mobile or pc?

Many thanks,

Lee

Investigator

Hi it is on my mobile in bookmarks there is a samsung mobile folder and in there there is a my ee bookmark that I cannot delete or change this rings up ee and me as the main front page. But the adverts and other items are intrusive 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

If you press the Menu button whilst on bookmarks you can delete any.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by
EE Employee

Good Afternoon @Colin_miles1

Is it the default device browser you're using?

You could try downloading the Google app from the app store.

Thanks - Karen. Smiley Happy

Investigator

It is both std internet and chrome and I have tried delete in all forms and it will not allow me to select the samsung bookmark 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

If you don't like that bookmark, why not add your own bookmarks to the My Device bookmarks?

It can't be the bookmark itself that is adding ads to what you see, but the site it is pointing at. What is the URL of that site?

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Investigator

http://ee.co.uk/ee-and-me is the url I do realise the content is on the site and I can't add bookmarks on this page and I cannot stop this page appearing first in any browser. It is obviously an ee add-on that I was t to get rid of. I have the my ee app on the phone I don't need this additional extra

by
EE Employee

Hi @Colin_miles1

The only way this would show in any browser is if you saved it as a bookmark.

If you downloaded a new browser app this wouldn't be pre-loaded with any bookmarks - unless you had them saved previously.

Have you tried deleting any of the internet apps and deleting cookies and cache and any app data?

by Grand Master
Grand Master

It must be set as your home page. You need to change your home page.

Can you link an image of what you are objecting to on that page?

Investigator

My home page is set as Google I didnt add the ee bookmark is must be pre installed on this new phone. Or added as part of ee install and I cannot delete or replace it I don't know how to add screenshots to this forum I have taken then of my bookmarks list and the samsung folder with ee in it that seems protected so if there is a way to add let me know thanks for responses so far! 

by
EE Employee

Hi @Colin_miles1

If they're pre-installed as part of the EE firmware you may not be able to delete them.

Did you try downloading the Google app from the playstore?

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Colin_miles1: I meant an image of http://ee.co.uk/ee-and-me that has the adverts that you don't want, not of the bookmarks themselves.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.