Highlighted
by jimbob59
Explorer

Can I buy a new phone while on contract, but not from EE?

Hi  I currently have a Samsung Galaxy J3 phone and contract that lasts til August 2020. I want to buy another Samsung phone, but not sure if i can do this while I have my current contract. Any advice would be welcome. Thank you.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor
Solution

Re: Can I buy a new phone while on contract, but not from EE?

As long as you come time to pay your contract you can do as you like.

Make sure the phone you purchase is either unlocked or locked to EE.

BrendonH (Android Expert) - Samsung Galaxy S10+ (Pie 9.0) - Samsung Galaxy Watch (Tizen 4.0)
If I have helped you please click on the STAR/SOLUTION buttons below
3 REPLIES 3
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor
Solution

As long as you come time to pay your contract you can do as you like.

Make sure the phone you purchase is either unlocked or locked to EE.

BrendonH (Android Expert) - Samsung Galaxy S10+ (Pie 9.0) - Samsung Galaxy Watch (Tizen 4.0)
If I have helped you please click on the STAR/SOLUTION buttons below
by jimbob59
Explorer

Hi Brendon H
The phone im looking at is SIM free, so is that classed as unlocked? If so, is it a matter of putting in the sim card and using the phone as normal? 
Thank you.

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
by Profile closed
Not applicable

Yes, you can buy an unlocked SIM free phone from anywhere and switch your present EE SIM card into it. Many people do this for one reason or another. As long as the phone you buy is compatible with the EE network you'll be fine. Of course you will still have to pay for both your monthly line rental and your monthly J3 phone purchase on your contact that ends in August 2020.

You could also buy a pay as you go phone from EE and switch your present SIM card into it. You'll then of course have the new SIM card that would come with this PAYG EE Phone as a spare and any credit that comes with it. You might then choose to use this new spare SIM or not in another phone. 

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions