by Mariella2731 Investigator
Investigator

Camera is always blurry on my sam galaxy s8

Since I have had this phone I have had nothing but problems with the camera being blurry it takes me ages to get it back to normal I have never had a Samsung before so I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong or there is something wrong with the phone. 

12 REPLIES 12
by Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Re: Camera is always blurry on my sam galaxy s8

I used to get it every now and then but now its every time.  You have to give the phone a little tap to loosen up the lense inside.. mad i know but it works.  Not sure if it'll ever be fixed cause it seems a physical issue.

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Mariella2731

Welcome to the community. 

Is the problem that the images are blurry or is it blurry before taking the picture too?

Chris

by Expert Contributor
Expert Contributor

@Bellymanwrote:

I used to get it every now and then but now its every time.  You have to give the phone a little tap to loosen up the lense inside.. mad i know but it works.  Not sure if it'll ever be fixed cause it seems a physical issue.

That's right it seems to affect quite a few S8s and is a hardware issue. Samsung normally offer a repair if you contact them.

by Jay-Samsung Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi Mariella,

The first step is to give your camera lens a wipe to remove any possible smears that affect it's focussing. This may be due to the location of the fingerprint sensor located next to the camera lens.

If this doesnt work, and without sounding suggestive, then the majority of cases that I have seen this issue is following a drop of the device. A quick fix for this is to gently tap your device's top corners (GENTLY!) on a firm surface such as a mouse mat or several sheets of kitchen tissue paper on a table top.

This may be all that it needs for the phone's camera to lead a healthy life! If All else fails, back your handset's data up and pop into a local Samsung store with a proof of purchase (Just in case). Replacing the camera may be done under warranty providing there is no excessive damage or cracks to the device.

Hope this helps,

Jay

by Star Contributor
Star Contributor

I suspect Samsung wouldn't offer a repair as it was purchased as part of a contract with EE.  I have to tap mine almost every time i open it now.

Valued Contributor

Hi @Bellyman,

Samsung extend their warranty to EE customers (along with other network providers) providing the handset is in a warrantable condition, regardless of whether it was bought outright or on contract 🙂

I would advise backing up your data and taking your phone (along with your receipt just in case!) to your local Samsung Support Centre for them to assess and repair your device.

Please follow the link for help locating your nearest Samsung Support Centre: http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/service-centre/

You can also call: 0330 726 7864

Hope this helps,

Jay

by Star Contributor
Star Contributor

That's great news.

I actually like it when its out of focus. You can get some good pictures.

20171208_140909.jpg

20171209_211210.jpg

Valued Contributor

@Bellyman

Just a tip - as beautiful as a blurry camera is, try out the Selective Focus mode by swiping from left to right in the camera.

You can adjust the focus (near, far, or both) before or even after you have taken the picture.

Get those pro shots on the go!

Investigator

Hi... no its all the time I have been in to EE today and they said they have fixed it but just gone to use my camera again and it' blurry.

by

Hi @Mariella2731

Did they send the phone off for repair?

Thanks, Leanne.

Investigator

No the lady took it in the back too let someone look at it and brought it back to me and said it was fixed all he had to do was change the settings.. 

by

I see thanks @Mariella2731

I would suggest using our online trouble-shooter tool for your camera problem this will let you know what is needed.

You can book a repair through the tool if this is required.

Hope you get this sorted 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.