by Will44 Investigator
Investigator

Calls and texts barred from abroad

Hi! I'm in France at the moment and everytime I try call or text it says its Barred. 

Data works fine but obviously can't phone EE to rectify the problem. 

Hoping for a reply ASAP. 

Thanks 

5 REPLIES
by
EE Employee

Re: Calls and texts barred from abroad

Hi @Will44 and welcome to the community.

So I can try and help, please may I get you to perform a manual network search and choose a network other than what you are on.

iPhone: Go to Settings > Carrier and turn off Automatic. Wait until available networks appear, which might take two minutes. Tap the carrier that you want.

Android: Open the Settings menu >Tap More > Mobile Networks > Carrier and turn off Automatic. Wait until available networks appear, which might take two minutes. Tap the carrier that you want

Please, also can I get you to try and dial a friend or family member using the format of 00447********* and try using data. 

Did this work?

Many thanks,

Lee

by Will44 Investigator
Investigator

Hi Lee! No unfortunately neither of these options have worked! I'm quite desperate to get this sorted now as I haven't been able to contact home since I've left. Any other ideas? Thanks 

by
EE Employee

Hi @Will44

Are you able to receive calls?

Many thanks,

Lee

by Will44 Investigator
Investigator

Hi Lee, yes I'm able to receive both calls and texts but not send them. 

Thanks 

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Will44

Thank you for coming to see us in the EE community all the way from France.

When you are preparing for your trip abroad, it is essential that roaming is activated before you go away.

In order to do this, all the information/set-up instructions can be found in our EE roaming - Getting ready to use your phone abroad support article.

I know on this occasion, you were aware that you needed to do this.  I know it's not working at the moment for you.

However, we can help.

Please take a look at some of the hints, tips and tricks to get activated in our Roaming with EE - What to do if you're having problems abroad support article.

If none of the advice in the support article works, you may have an international bar present.  

This will need account access at this point.

If you are a pay monthly personal EE customer, then log in to My EE and await a chat with an online advisor.

If you can't access this, then please call customer services from an alternative landline or mobile.

Please let me know how you get on.

Cheers

Richard

Smiley Happy

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.