by mattwendzina
Visitor

Buying oneplus 6 in usa

I'm looking at buying a oneplus 6 while in the states as it is on sale. It would be buying directly through oneplus.

I have an EE contract, and I'm hoping this would work fine given that the phone would be  unlocked.

Does anyone know if there is anything important I should consider before buying (other that having an american charger)?

2 REPLIES 2
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Buying oneplus 6 in usa

Hi @mattwendzina

Personally I would but from the UK to ensure the EU warranty applies and full compatibility. 

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by davidsuffolk Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Re: Buying oneplus 6 in usa

I have a OnePlus 6 and I see the UK prices have dropped since the 6T came out.

Now start at £399 so unless the US price is much lower personally I'd get from here especially as in theory you might get hit for 20%VAT as you come back here?

The EU version does have the plus of dual sim unlike the versions sold by carriers which you might find a plus.

Mine was delivered from Poland and only took three days from order on the OnePlus website and is without doubt a super phone .(don't buy the shiny black one though shows every mark unless you put in a case!)

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.