Buy the new Google Pixel 2 and get a free Google Home Mini
Highlighted
by
EE Community Manager

[ Edited ]

The new Google Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL have arrived and they’re better than ever.

google_pixel_2_pre-order_community_980x980.png

The new Google Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL have arrived and they’re better than ever.
Not only that - but if you buy now with EE, you'll receive a free Google Home Mini. Plus, you'll get 8GB for the price of 3GB.

Buy now >

Here are the four big things that set the new Google Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL apart from the rest:

• With the Google Assistant* in the palm of your hand you can take a selfie, text your mum or navigate your way home – just start by saying "Ok Google”, type your question, or give your phone a squeeze

• You can now go from snapping to sharing your photos in a flash, with a smart camera that takes beautiful photos in any light

• Another of Pixel 2’s secret weapons is unlimited storage for photos and videos in original quality, including 4K - with Google Photos saving everything to the cloud, you’ll never have to delete a photo or video again**

• The fast-charging battery gives you seven hours of charge from 15 minutes of charging*** - now that is fast!

*Google Assistant requires internet connection.

**Unlimited original-quality storage for photos and videos taken with Pixel until Jan. 15, 2021, and unlimited high-quality storage for photos taken with Pixel afterwards. Requires Google Account and internet connection.

***Approximate battery life based on a mix of talk, data, and standby use. Requires use of included charger. An active display or data usage will use battery more quickly.

19 REPLIES
by
Legend

Re: Pre-order the new Google Pixel 2 and get a free Google Home Mini

Hi @TiffJ

Is EE adopting the eSIM that comes built into these phones or using the nano sim?

Thanks,

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by
Established Contributor

I think it's just Project Fi using the esims for now.   Got my preorder in for a 128GB White XL via Google as I'm already on contract, well excited about this.   For me it was either a toss up between this or the iPhone X.  I think I made the right choice.

by
Visitor

I cannot wait to pick up my Google Pixel 2 XL handset, I've been waiting all year to finally replace my Galaxy Note 4.

The only real gripe I have is that EE's prices seem really high compared to buying the phone out right from Google themselves and using a sim only deal.

Currently to get the Google Pixel 2 XL 64gb from EE would cost me a total of £1401.75 over two years. Sure it include BT Sport and a £49 Google home mini speaker but both of these are completely useless to me personally. Where as If I purchace the phone Directly from Google and use a sim only contract I can get it for around £900, a whooping £500 saving.

I'm hoping you'll add some better deals over the month, but I'm not holding out. Smiley Happy

by

Is the Pixel 2 also going to be sold locked to EE requiring me to wait 6 months before I can reasonably use it on travel?

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @nlak,

Welcome to the EE Community.

Yes, the phone will be locked to EE.

Thanks

James

by
Explorer

If you travel in EU you get free roaming anyway( minutes+data)

by
Explorer

EE , Google , and Carphone on preorder give for free a Google home mini

by

Hi @Eddie78

You also get the Google Home mini with the device no need to wait Smiley Happy

Cheers

Lee

by
Investigator

Hi,

I placed my pre-order for my black Pixel 2 XL on Thursday night. I was wondering when I will receive an order confirmation of any proof that the order has successfully gone through, as I was told up to 24 hours, which has now passed. 

Thanks

by

Good morning @Englandluke90

Thanks for coming to community Smiley Happy

I bet you are looking forward to Google Pixel 2 XL coming?

Did you receive a text or email check (junk/spam) and look for an XKN reference number?

Also please see our Where’s my order? EE Pay monthly or SIM only orders support article.

Cheers

Richard

Smiley Happy

by
Investigator

Hi,

Yep checked all of this but nothing is there. I've checked all of my email boxes and texts.

Basically I placed an order for the smaller one then decided to cancel that to then pre-order the XL with your guys over the chat system. I received a text for the original order but not the XL.

by

I wouldn't worry about it @Englandluke

However if you want a little peace of mind with this, then please call customer services and they can check the notes on the system.

Let me know how you get on.

Thanks

Richard

Smiley Happy

by
Investigator

That's great, I've done this and have my order number. However now the tracking site is saying its not an active number? Is this normal?

Thanks

by

Hi @Englandluke90,

It may take a little time for your order details to show in the order tracker.

Don't hesitate to let us know if it doesn't update in the next few days.

Have a great weekend. Smiley Happy

James

by
Visitor

I am interested in pre-ordering one of these phones, but the pricing of the monthly plans dont make any sense. 

The cost of the 3GB is the same as the 8GB? Both £47.99 and upfront cost £9.99. 

I only need 3GB so surely it must be cheaper than 8GB?

Unless I ve missed something?

Thanks

tariffs.jpg

by

Hi @rob_c83

Thanks for posting Smiley Happy

I'm pretty sure this is a promotion, however I want to be 100% so I have asked the question and I will find out for you and get back to you.

Cheers

Richard

Smiley Happy

by

Hi @rob_c83

It is a promotion, so my advice would be to take advantage of it if you can.

You may as well have 5gb more.

Cheers

Richard

Smiley Happy

by

Check out the 

Best Accessories for Google Pixel 2

The tech giant Google has roll-out new Google pixel 2 and pixel 2 XL. It has a stunning design with powerful features. So, if you have bought new Google family smartphone and you won’t use it even in the better way then go with the right pair of accessories. Hence, here are the all the best Google Pixel 2 accessories that are available for purchase now.

by
Established Contributor

You won't believe the amount of times I've been looking at the 2XL in my local EE shop and currys after all the tech news on display problems.    The screen was definitely muted on the display models I looked at but I didn't see any of the distortions that some tech sites reported, for example:

https://www.theverge.com/circuitbreaker/2017/10/18/16489756/google-pixel-2xl-awful-lg-oled-screen

I'm keeping my preorder open but if my phone shows the same distortions as above then I'll send it back for a refund and keep my current XL.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.