by Jan63 Investigator
Investigator

Blocking sim card

I need to have my sim card blocked. How do I do this?

8 REPLIES 8
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Blocking sim card

@Jan63  You call customer services, you can use this number from a landline 

+44-800-956-6000

by wonderman Investigator
Investigator

Explain all this to your Service Provider - you're paying for all those calls until you end the contract that goes with that SIM card.

by Jan63 Investigator
Investigator

Thank you. I was trying to contact them from India but there doesn't seem to be any way to do so without paying a fortune. I'm on a local sim card and that doesn't allow me to phone from my mobile either. Tricky one!

by
EE Community Support Team

Good Morning @Jan63.

Has this sim card been lost/stolen

If you are calling from outside the UK, I would recommend calling +44 7953 966 250 to speak with our customer service team. 

Let me know how you get on 🙂

Katie

by eleiyas Established Contributor
Established Contributor

@Katie_B

this person is trying to call your team from India on an Indian sim. telling them to call that number doesn't help as they will still have to pay a fortune.

the issue is that they can't call without spending huge amounts of money.

by Jan63 Investigator
Investigator

Hi Katie

Thanks for your response. No - it hasn't been lost or stolen. I took it out so that I could replace it with an Indian sim card as I am here for a few months. It is safely at home. I understand from a friend in the UK who contacted EE Customer services for me that I won't be incurring any roaming costs via my sim card at home and I don't need to have it blocked. Is that correct?

Thanks

Jan

by Jan63 Investigator
Investigator

Hi Katie

Thanks for clarifying this - very helpful! - I'm hoping that this will be resolved now. 

Jan

by
EE Community Support Team

Morning @Jan63

Thanks for coming back to us.

If you have left the SIM card in the UK you will not incur roaming charges.

You would only be charged for calls, texts and data in India if you have taken your SIM card with you and were using this.

Have an amazing time in India, escaping the awful UK weather sounds like heaven 🙂

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions