by Waddlebum Investigator
Investigator

Blocking Outgoing calls and texts to particular numbers

Hi all,

Does anyone know how I can block calls and texts to specific numbers? (special needs relative, ee customer, prone to sending inappropriate messages ...). Phone is a Sony Xperia M4 Aqua. 

Can this be done from phone, by app, via customer services? Have done some research but no luck.

Grateful for any help

Simon

9 REPLIES 9
by
EE Community Support Team

Re: Blocking Outgoing calls and texts to particular numbers

Hi @Waddlebum.

Thanks for coming to the community 🙂

We've got a help page on blocking a number on a Sony, although I think this may just be calls.

You could try a number blocking app from the Playstore.

Jon

Investigator

Hi Jon,

Thanks for the reply but I want to block outgoing calls and texts, not incoming. All of the apps on play storefocus on blocking incoming. There was one exception - but though that blocked outgoing calls it did not block texts. 

Any info you have on blocking outgoing much appreciated.

Simon

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Waddlebum  If these are premium rate numbers you can do this by calling customer services or from within the account settings.   I don’t believe it’s possible to block none chargeable numbers. 

Investigator

Thanks Chris,

These are non-chargeable numbers (we already have the premium blocked ! :). They are just regular people who sometimes get a communication overload they could do without. Apparently it is a reasonably common issue, for special needs as in my case but also elderly and kids.

S

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Waddlebum.

Our customer service team would be able to block all outgoing calls and texts, but not for particular numbers.

Jon

Investigator

Thanks Jon, not an option here I'm afraid. He should ring his mum more but he does occasionally and we wouldn't want to stop him,

S

by eleiyas Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Not trying to pry too much into your situation here, but this is what I can understand so far:

- You are caring for someone who has special needs

- They are calling people you know/ family far too much or sending them inappropriate messages.

- You want to stop this person from doing this by blocking outgoing calls and texts on their phone.

---

Why not look at this from the other way around?

Why don't the people being "harrassed" (I do use this lightly here) by said special needs person block their number? 

Why can't they just not answer their phones and delete the messages as they come in?

That way, said special needs person can vent or whatever it is they are doing and the people on the receiving end can just ignore them?

Or just delete the contacts out of the special needs persons' phone?

Or is there something fundamental I'm missing here?

P.S: I really don't mean to sound rude here as I know that dealing with specials needs people can be a delicate operation. 

Investigator

Hi Eleiyas,

You have it right but couple of issues:

- one of the people being bothered has an old tech phone that does not have the ability to block numbers

- that individual also has special needs and gets stressed by receiving messages

Just seemed easier to block outgoing - but clearly isn't as there seem to be no known solutions 😞

Thanks for taking the time to think it through though. 

Simon

by eleiyas Established Contributor
Established Contributor

@Waddlebum

The only thing then would be to delete the numbers out of the original phone. Unless they can remember them by heart, it would be the easiest way to work out your issue.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.