by liamscor Contributor
Contributor

BlackBerry Key2 VoLTE & Wifi Calling

Hello,

My Dad might be getting BlackBerry Key2. However I just want to know will it support VoLTE & Wifi Calling. I know there is no mention of it on the 4G Calling or Wifi Calling page. Im just wondering if someone has any information on it, or has the Key2 and can check if its working.

Regards,

Liam

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Matron Contributor
Contributor
Solution

Re: BlackBerry Key2 VoLTE & Wifi Calling

27 REPLIES 27
by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @liamscor,

Welcome to the EE Community.

I'll check in with our technical team and see if I can find out for you.

Thanks for your question.

James

by Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

Yes both work fine.

I had a Key2 to use as I review phones at Coolsmartphone (and did the Key2 review with my EE SIM)

by liamscor Contributor
Contributor

Great thanks for letting me know.

by Alan8857 Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi - I too have bought a BlackBerry KEY2 (an excellent device - as good if not better than the KEYone)

I remember thetime and frustration I had about a year or so ago when I was trying to establish WiFi calling thru EE on that device

Since I have the KEY2 I find that I seem not to have the WiFi calling facility on this new phone - argh!

Has anyone with a KEY2 managed to organise wifi calling? Do we need to go back to EE and ask for establishment again (however when I called some weeks ago I seemed to encounter a bit of a brick wall)

Any advice/pointers would be really appreciated

Thanks in anticipation

Kind regards

A

Valued Contributor

Ref: BlackBerry Key2 VoLTE & Wifi Calling

Hi - I too have bought a BlackBerry KEY2 (an excellent device - as good if not better than the KEYone)

I remember thetime and frustration I had about a year or so ago when I was trying to establish WiFi calling thru EE on that device

Since I have the KEY2 I find that I seem not to have the WiFi calling facility on this new phone - argh!

Has anyone with a KEY2 managed to organise wifi calling? Do we need to go back to EE and ask for establishment again (however when I called some weeks ago I seemed to encounter a bit of a brick wall)

Any advice/pointers would be really appreciated

Thanks in anticipation

Kind regards

A

by Rhiannon62000 Investigator
Investigator

I also have this problem. I'm loving the Key2 but if I can't get WiFi calling it will be hard to justify. Not approached EE yet and I'll update how I get on. Not looking forward to it...!

Investigator

Hi - this is marked "solution" but mine is not working. Possibly this person, as a reviewer, had special access. I'm in conversation with EE now.

Investigator

EE have just told me the device is not supported for Wifi calling.

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

Hello @Rhiannon62000

Thank you for taking the time to post today. Smiley Happy

I've now removed the solution as it's clear there's not a definitive answer.

From what I can see is that @James_B was checking to see if your phone was compatible with WiFi Calling, so I've tagged him and hopefully he can shed some light on the situation. Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

Re: BlackBerry Key2 VoLTE

<meta http-equiv="Content-Security-Policy" content="script-src 'self'; img-src * cid: data:;" />#response_container_BBPPID{font-family: initial; font-size:initial; color: initial;}

Yep rang EE yesterday - who indicated as phone so new it's unlikely to be rEsolved for several months (bit like Keyone) argh!

Sorry I am away the offices at the moment so am unlikely to have the opportunity to review any attachments until I return.
Kind Regards
Alan

[mod edit: please do not post personal information such as phone numbers on the public board. Thanks!]

Investigator

Thanks @Inyourbox - please also see the most recent post by @Alan8857. Please can you escalate this with the powers that be at EE asap? At least a confirmation that the issue *will* be fixed would be good - otherwise I will have to return the phone, which I do not want to do. If I can't get Wi-fi calling reliably on a handset upgrade, there's much less reason to stay with EE in future. Thanks

by

Hi Everyone,

I've just been speaking with our devices team and they've confirmed that although we don't stock this particular device, it should be capable of supporting EE WiFi calling.

As with all phones not purchased directly from EE, we can't guarantee compatibility.

Thanks

James

Investigator

Thanks @James_B. Please can you advise on how to activate it if it's not working? I assume "EE wifi calling" or similar would appear with the service icons if it was available? At the moment I'm just seeing "EE". Thank you!

by Matron Contributor
Contributor
Solution

by

Hi @Rhiannon62000,

Can you see a WiFi Calling toggle in your settings under 'Wireless and Settings'?

Thanks

James

by liamscor Contributor
Contributor

When you guys say its not working. Do you mean the option to enable wifi calling in the settings is not showing, or do you mean the wifi calling option is enabled in the settings, but calls are not going over wifi?

Investigator

Hi - @James_B - no I'm not seeing a Wifi Calling toggle. I'm looking under "Network and Internet" in the settings menu, as I don't see a "Wireless and settings" option.

@liamscorI think this answers your question as well!

Thanks

Rhiannon

by

Hello there @Rhiannon62000

Are you on WiFi at the moment?

Also, are you with us on a pay monthly or pay as you go account?

Leanne.

by liamscor Contributor
Contributor

@Rhiannon62000

Have you tried searching for wifi calling in the settings menu. I'm thinking the option maybe hidden, since thats happend to me before. Also just to check, is your software definitely the latest version?

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.