Highlighted
by
EE Community Support Team

Big phone news! The new Samsung Galaxy Note is available to buy now

The new Samsung Galaxy Note9 has been unveiled, which is huge news if you love big phones or want something that keeps pace with your busy lifestyle.

The Samsung Galaxy Note9 - what's new?

The Galaxy Note9 is all about power and performance. It does things fast, and with Samsung’s most powerful ever smartphone battery inside you can do them for longer.

The long-lasting battery means you can keep kids entertained for hours on end with stunning high-definition video, smooth-running games with incredible HD graphics, and all their favourite apps and websites.

Plus, you can snap and edit more photos, use multiple applications at the same time, stream your favourite music out loud, and browse the web for hours on end without having to reach for the charger.

How much storage space will I get with the Note9?

With 6GB of RAM and 128GB of storage space on board too (and you can add more), you can breeze through data-intensive tasks and practically save your entire life on this phone. If you’d rather keep all your content close at hand, instead of having to save things in the cloud, you may want to consider the 512GB version, which also packs in a mighty impressive 8GB of RAM. Check it out here

What is the S Pen?

The S Pen lets you quickly and conveniently jot down notes on your phone, create, amend and edit photos, files and documents, and even control your music and take photos without your phone in hand.

Whether you’re using your Note9 for work or you have a busy day at home, the S Pen will keep you productive and help you stay organised.

The Note9 - the largest screen on the market

Of course, sometimes it’s good just to relax. And with the largest mobile screen you can currently buy, the Note9 is perfect for binge-watching boxsets and immersing yourself in a good film.

The Galaxy Note9 is the big phone that keeps pace with your busy lifestyle, and it’s great when you want to unwind. Buy the Samsung Galaxy Note9 here

note9_community_aqua.jpg

22 REPLIES
by Legend
Legend

Re: Big phone news! The new Samsung Galaxy Note is available for pre-order

@Christopher_G

My hand is up, if you need a reviewer 🙋🏼‍♂️

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

I think the reviewer should go to a massive Samsung fan.

(Thats me by the way Smiley Wink )

Brendon (Android Expert)
Samsung Galaxy S8+ (Oreo 8.0)
by

We'll bear that in mind, @Northerner & @BrendonH Smiley Happy

Looks sensational, doesn't it?

Chris

by Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

@Christopher_G yep that's your 3 testers found 😊 I would love to be a tester/reviewer..... Still using my very old note2 at home for streaming movie and sport to TV, only replaced the battery on it once in 6 years 😂

by Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

@Christopher_G @BrendonH @Northerner yep that's your 3 testers found 😊 I would love to be a tester/reviewer..... Still using my very old note2 at home for streaming movie and sport to TV, only replaced the battery on it once in 6 years 😂

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

@Christopher_G it does look sensational.

For my personal phone though I am holding out for the S10+ I am hoping the rumour of the in-display fingerprint reader is true for it.

Plus its their 10th year anniversarry so they shoul be going all out.

Brendon (Android Expert)
by Marrila Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Looks good

Im trying to pre-order but my standard upgrade is not until 5th septemeber EE want £121 for me to upgrade 7 days early! 

Im tempted to leave for O2 who have offered to match deal plus I can get it on the 24th  

anybody know if I switch network if I can still transfer my EE number 1 month later or do I have to transfer the number within a sewt time?

thanks 

by

Hi @Marrila,

Welcome back to the community.

We'd hate to see you leave, but yes you can transfer your number at any time.

Don't forget you may still have early termination fees to pay if you cancel before your contract end date.

Thanks

James

Established Contributor

@James_B wrote:

Hi @Marrila,

Welcome back to the community.

We'd hate to see you leave, but yes you can transfer your number at any time.

Don't forget you may still have early termination fees to pay if you cancel before your contract end date.

Thanks

James

Hi James  

but I think the saving of £121 will cover my 1 months line rental cahrge :-) 

thanks 

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

@Marrila

Why don't you just wait the 7 days to upgrade.

There is an upgrade point if you try to upgrade before that you got to pay off the remainder of the contract up to your minimum end term point not up to the upgrade point.

If you cancel it will still be the same.

S you'll only be saving if you wait the 7 days

Brendon (Android Expert)
by Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Looks an excellent phone, although I'm not sure about using a stylus on a Smartphone, a tablet yes. But I suppose you don't have to use the stylus.

If I were looking to move to Android this would be at the top of my list.

Exciting few months ahead with regards to forthcoming Smartphone releases, whatever the mobile operating system you are on.

by 11agraham Contributor
Contributor

Why not the person who knows the ins and outs of the Android OS (Me! by the way!)

point to note: I do not work for EE, EE's community or BT. I do however know a lot about phones, user usability and various service providers.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

More about me: 

I used to be on PAYGO for 10 years before on 3 or 4 different networks I moved into contract  (I was on an Orange Plan Monkey pack when I was 8 which gave me something like 5 free songs every month, then a T-Mobile plan when I was 10 Then my phone went missing and then got a new phone at 13 and went on Giff Gaff then O2 for like a day before switching back to Giff Gaff then I was on EE when I was 14. I joined an EE contract when I turned 18 10 months ago.)

So I have compared and scoured the top 4 "parent" networks as well as their top "younger networks", Vodafone, EE, 3, O2, VOXI (Vodafone), GiffGaff (O2), Lebera Mobile, TESCO  mobile (O2), BT (EE), and ASDA mobile (EE) and to be honest EE is the best for their mix of Good Customer service (Vodafone Lacks), Excellent 4G and 3G coverage (O2 is worst) and Great Price PAYGO Plans (On par with GiffGaff)

Established Contributor

Hi BrendonH

because EE are so ignorant when they 'have you' in contract 

everyday by upgrade fee is going down, the closer i get to my standard renewal date. the phone comes out on the 24th of august so why would I pay my upgrade fee today? in 10 days time my upgrade fee would of been reduced by half . EE should be saying thanks for paying £90 a month for last 48 months we are glad your willing to stay another 2 years and all your asking is to be able to pre-order now before it sells out. 

EE would rather i take my business elsewhere so fair enough. 

Also thanks for responding about transferring numbers , it makes it so much easier these days to leave.

by

Hi there @Marrila

I am sorry you feel this way and are thinking of leaving us. 

I would suggest giving us a call so our customer service team can get this looked into.

Thanks, Leanne.

Established Contributor

@leanne_T wrote:

Hi there @Marrila

I am sorry you feel this way and are thinking of leaving us. 

I would suggest giving us a call so our customer service team can get this looked into.

Thanks, Leanne.

Evening Leanne i spoke to 2 different people and neither could understand. If you could arrange for somebody sensible to call me then I will dm you as I can still cancel my o2 preorder. 

Interstingly I saw somebody tweet this online

“Big thank you to @EE they let me have an early upgrade at no cost to the note 9 well happy 👍🏻“

So clearly some off your colleagues understand 

thanks 

by

Hello there @Marrila

I am sorry we are unable to complete upgrades on the community.

I would suggest giving us another call, to see if there is anything we can do to help.

Leanne.

by Bradleyu1 Investigator
Investigator

I pre-ordered mine immediately after launch. I have the S8+ but the battery life is killing me, my annual upgrade was due a month ago but held out for the note 9 rather than upgrading to the S9+.

Hopefully it will be delivered on 24th August, I keep checking my order to see if the updates change. 

by

Thanks for pre-ordering, @Bradleyu1

Please come back and let us know what you think of the phone, when it arrives. Smiley Happy

I've got my fingers crossed for a speedy delivery for you. Smiley Happy

Chris

by Welshjen18 Investigator
Investigator

I have the s8 at the moment. I'm due an upgrade November 2019. And the s10 is out start of 2019. So s10 it'll be nxt for me. Hoping for the finger print to be on screen like it's advertised.  I'm happy with my s8 at the moment tho. 

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.