by FlyingWolf Contributor
Contributor

Battery replacement for an HTC One M8

Had this phone almost 3 years now - it's been my best ever by a country mile - but battery replacement seems a no-no. Had it on Sim-only since my monthly contract expired and no huge wish to upgrade to anything other than the HTC M10 which EE sadly no longer offer. Does anyone out there know whether sourcing and fitting a replacement battery is a straightforward job? Many thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Battery replacement for an HTC One M8

Hi,  

According yo ifixit it's not an easy job.  Your battery should last more than 3 years so contact HTC mobile support and they might be able to help. 

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by FlyingWolf Contributor
Contributor

Re: Battery replacement for an HTC One M8

Thanks for the reply Northerner.

I've done my research about replacing the M8's battery and what I've read confirms what HTC Online Chat told me today, i.e. it's not an easy job and the handset needs to go away for repair. It's also, of courese, outside any warranty. 

I'll probably just continue to charge it daily - not uncommon for a premium handset anyway these days. The problem occurs when I go to take a pic and the battery level is anything around 35% and lower - the phone just switches off. Same thing has happened when I've gone to send a long text. Often when this happens I end up having to re-set screen and notifification settings as well which is doubly frustrating - it's almost as though the phone can't cope with a load issue at low battery levels. 

Looks like I'll need to upgrade my handset then. Loathed to leave HTC as I've had four on the bounce now and the M8 has been the best by a country mile - I've loved it. Disappointing the M10 is no longer available as a brand new handset either (it is available under a 'Good As New' deal). Popped into my local EE store on Saturday and staff there were quick to diss HTC, instead pointing me towards the new Google PIxel phone instead. I may need to shop around a bit.

Thanks again.

FW

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.