by Theo1226 Investigator
Investigator

Bad signal after upgrade

Had an iPhone 7 always had full or nearly full signal at home. Now got a S8 today. And I'm struggling to get 2 bars?? Same provider. Same home... any help?

11 REPLIES 11
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Bad signal after upgrade

Hi @Theo1226

It's a different phone with a different radio, antenna and software, so it will report signal strength differently. It's not possible to compare the two as your original device would show signal strength based on its own firmware.

You can also check EE network service checker to establish if your local network is ok.

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Theo1226

Welcome to the community. 

If you put the SIM back into your iPhone, do you get a better service?

Did you get a chance to try the status checker?

Chris

by Theo1226 Investigator
Investigator

Hi. My iPhone is gone. However my partner has a iPhone. She has full signal. And I currently have 1 bar. Yes it's saying no current issues 

by

OK, thanks @Theo1226.

I've sent you a private message to get you some more information from you.

Please take a look and get back to me.

Thanks

Chris

by Expert Contributor
Expert Contributor

The thing is there's no standard for what the signal bars mean. 1 bar on one model could be more bars on another. Apple also includes quality as well as strength in it's signal levels. 

It's the actual signal strength and quality that's important and you cant really deduce much from the signal bars which are really there to show how the signal varies as you move.

by Theo1226 Investigator
Investigator

So after receiving new handset. Exact same issue. It's terrible. Places I'm going where I had amazing signal before. I'm now struggling to keep a phone call going without it dropping in and out 

by
EE Employee

Hi @Theo1226 

Have you tried using our WiFi calling service to see if that can help when you are at home.

Many thanks,

Lee

by Theo1226 Investigator
Investigator

Yeah it's on now. But it's kind of not the point. As things like text and that are coming through late also.  Don't see what else there is I can do really though. First ever phone away from iPhone. And little disappointed with it 

by

Sorry to hear that didn't work, @Theo1226.

I recommend speaking to our technical support team again, if there are specific areas where these problems occur.

Chris

by Theo1226 Investigator
Investigator

Hi  This has eventually been resolved.i won't get into details as its far to long winded.but I'd like to highlight the absolute amazingness of Scott the store manager of Newton abbot branch  He really was world class  Went above and beyond for me  And I even gained a new biker buddy through it! He deserves recognition and a pay rise!!! 

by

Excellent, thanks for letting us know that Scott was able to fix it for you, @Theo1226. 🙂

It sounds like he done an excellent job and represented our brand values well.

I'll drop the store an email thanking him for his help.

As a thank you for coming back to us and sharing your feedback of your experience in-store, I'd love to send you a small gift from the community team. 🙂

Please take a look at your community inbox and get back to me.

Chris 🙂

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.