cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

As good as phone not arrived

Joedot
Contributor
Contributor

Ordered as good as g9 on 23Nov sent 25th out on delivery to the store in town. No more information.. I have been billed for it. Can't get to a human on 150. No one can help with deliver info?

Thinking of leaving EE for poor customer service.. any help would be good

21 REPLIES 21

Was informed after I'd asked the phone to be delivered to store I needed a photo ID.

I did say to them that EE had not sent me an email. Yes.

'The were not trained in 'deliveries''

The store was going to send phone back to EE and I have to wait for an Email.. The one I did not get before. It would tell me the hour they were going to deliver.

I was not given any options. They took away the phone I am paying for because no up to date photo ID.

When will I get the phone? How come no one human at EE can tell me what's going on? 150 1 or 4 is not a human.. or an untrained human when it comes to 'delivers'

Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Good Morning @Joedot

Thank you for coming back to us. 

I have sent you a private message to get further information, please take a look and get back to me. 

Speak soon, Katie 🙂

Are EE having laugh He He? Martin, lovely chap (also exforces.) Called me.. how he knew it was me without seeing my passport, that foxes me? But if I don't have a photo ID? I can't get my phone that i am paying for right now? But If they deliver it and a complete stranger with a passport, at my flat, then takes delivery, that would be fine. Martain says EE are not the only telecoms company that won't give me a phone without a valid photo ID. Therefore some services providers are going to lose customers. And why call me if you have no proof of who is paying you wages.. So after 20 years with Orange and He He.. I this the end of my customership? Are EE so rich they can lose customers?

Katie_B

Good Morning @Joedot

For delivery of your phone to your home address someone else can sign for your parcel as long as you both have the same surname and they can provide proof of ID. 

Hope this helps, 

Katie 🙂

Techhead
Expert Contributor
Expert Contributor

It's been said before that EE are a little out of step when it comes to Id/deliveries/collections. 

For in-store collections most providers do one of two things. They do a security check "something you know" like your monthly fee, ask for order number or copy of order "something you have" and then take a nominal amount from a card registered at your address "proof of address and ID".

Others do the latter and make a verification call to your existing  handset. 

The problem with photo ID is that the person making the decision has to both check that the photo is of the person present (not easy to do if the passport is years old) and they have to decide if the document is genuine.

I have been told if any person in my house hold is of the same surname they can take delivery and that's an end to the matter.. 

But I live alone and have no money or intention of paying out more just to have a photo ID.  I have reched the end the of EE's Orwellion nonsense. 1 OFFTEL.  2 cancel my bank payment. 3 Go to another server. 4 inform the press newpapers. 5 Vlogs. And I know I won't make a dint in the nut of EE but I will feel better.

To Katie_B .. No that don't help in the slightest. I live on my own. Only me in the house. I have no intention of buying government ID just to get a phone on EE net work. End of.. 

How do I get me Pack to move to a different better services provided please. 🙂 

Katie_B

I am sorry to hear your looking to leave @Joedot

If you require a PAC code you will need to give us a call. 

Katie

Well I rang for my PAC and was told I didn't need a photo ID for home delivery. And was put onto sales. They told me I don't need Photo ID for home delivery. I have just re-ordered a Galaxy S8 .. they now say I have to have my Photo ID ready.. I will have nothing in date. 

I have been asked to fill out a 'how well have we done form.' ? 

If I get the phone? It will be well done sales and PAC dept. Otherwise their spoken actuality negatively matchs factual outcomes. 

Katie_B please stop apologising for EE. if I don't have a working phone then why pay for something I don't have, a good product but an awful customer computer interface that's just irritating.. and people at PAC and Sales that say for home delivery is do not need a Photo ID.. but you and Martain nice guy.. saying I do need one. Only one set folk hold the actuality of the matter? Whom?