by Djinx Investigator
Investigator

Apple music for android download link issues

Help please. Did the txt to get apple music and got sent my link for android apple music but tht app says its not compatible with my phone?! Samsung galaxy s8+. Cant find a way to get ot on my phone! Tried  logging in /out of play store. Checked my device phone number. Cleared caches etc... 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Djinx Investigator
Investigator
Solution

Re: Apple music for android download link issues

😁Found the solution!!!!!The issue I had was getting my new samsung galaxy s8+ to be seen as compatible in the google play store, when the link was sent for me to begin my 6mths free apple music with EE. Went through soooo many different "fixes".... none worked. Even the EE customer services spent ages with me trying to download the link!! Anyway I found the issue via the google play help forum. Thankyou!!!! Basically the wrong version of apple android music on google play store! This link worked brilliantly ....https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/apple-inc/apple-music/apple-music-2-2-2-release/apple-music-2-2-2-andr...

I'm now enjoying my free 6 months  apple music for android via EE on my Samsung galaxy s8+. 😀

13 REPLIES 13
by Djinx Investigator
Investigator

Apple music sayz my phone not compatible?

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Apple music sayz my phone not compatible?

by Djinx Investigator
Investigator

Smiley Happy sorry am new to forums in general! Samsung galaxy s8+

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi, 

• Where did you get your phone? (is it a UK handset) 
  • Can you not search and download it from the Play store? 

I have the S8+ and can download it from the Play store direct no problem.

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Djinx

Welcome to the community. 🙂

How did you get on following @Northerner's advice?

Please see the information below from our Apple Music set-up help and support page:-

Step 1. You'll receive a text confirming your membership of Apple Music and asking you to click the link to get started.

Step 2. You'll then need to download the Apple Music app. When you're asked how you want to download it, choose Play Store.

Step 3. In the Google Play Store, select the install button to download the Apple Music app.

Step 4. Accept the conditions to download the app.

Step 5. In the Google Play Store, open the Apple Music app.

Step 6. Accept the Apple Music app terms and conditions.

Step 7. Your Apple Music membership from EE is verified.

Step 8. Select 'Create an Apple ID' or skip this step if you already have one.

Step 9. Select your home country.

Step 10. Accept the Apple ID terms and conditions.

Step 11. Choose an Apple ID username and password.

Step 12. Enter your payment card details. These are required to set up an Apple ID but after the free six-month period you'll pay for your Apple Music membership via your EE bill.

Step 13. Your Apple ID is now linked to your Apple Music membership from EE and you're set up and ready to go.

Hope this helps.

Chris

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Maybe try from a PC?

Go to the google play store and hopefully it'll say it's a compatible phone and let you install remotely...

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.apple.android.music

by
EE Employee

Hi @Djinx

Did the above information help at all?

Many thanks,

Lee

by Djinx Investigator
Investigator

Firstly yes i have tried several tines to download the app via the link.  This is the problem. When the page opens i see the device not compatable message. So I'm stuck!! I have contacted ee customer service to try to fix but they could not figure it out. I am going to try the suggested play store via p.c. I will update you either way!! Thanx

by

Look forward to finding out what happens, @Djinx.

Please let us know how you get on.

Chris

by Djinx Investigator
Investigator
Solution

😁Found the solution!!!!!The issue I had was getting my new samsung galaxy s8+ to be seen as compatible in the google play store, when the link was sent for me to begin my 6mths free apple music with EE. Went through soooo many different "fixes".... none worked. Even the EE customer services spent ages with me trying to download the link!! Anyway I found the issue via the google play help forum. Thankyou!!!! Basically the wrong version of apple android music on google play store! This link worked brilliantly ....https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/apple-inc/apple-music/apple-music-2-2-2-release/apple-music-2-2-2-andr...

I'm now enjoying my free 6 months  apple music for android via EE on my Samsung galaxy s8+. 😀

by

Hello there @Djinx

Thanks for letting us know.

Glad you're all sorted 🙂

by Gordy63 Investigator
Investigator

Cheers followed your link now on Apple music 🤣🤣

by
EE Employee

I'm glad you are now sorted @Gordy63

Many thanks,

Lee

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.