by spage2day Investigator
Investigator

Apple music app on Google play says my device is not compatible

Having trouble with getting the 6 months Apple music offer, first off when I followed instructions to send a message (music) to 150 and then reply yes it then told me I wasn't eligible as you need a pay monthly account which I do but managed to circumnavigate that by signing up via the EE app.

I received my your Apple music is now active message, so follow link to download Apple music app which I did on Google play and it just says "your device is not compatible with this version" wth is going on I have a Samsung S7 edge and never seen that message on Google play before, can anyone help me please?

Thanks

11 REPLIES 11
Investigator

Re: Free 6 months apple music

Had exactly the same experience today, with identical message. I managed to circumnavigate the issue by going through my EE app and adding it as an add on and it got activated quickly however my issue now is when I follow the sms link to download the Apple music app on Google play it just says "your device is not compatible with this version", god knows what the problem is now as im running a Samsung S7 edge.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Apple music app on Google play says my device is not compatible

@spage2day  Does you device need to have a software update?  Is it all up to date ? Is your device rooted by any chance?  

Investigator

I've just run an update as there was a new one there but I still get the same message on Google play. 

No it's not rooted or anything like that.

by
EE Employee

Hi @spage2day and welcome to the community.

This is very strange, you may need to contact the developer via the contact details within play store.

Many thanks,

Lee

by ElectricPhil Investigator
Investigator

HI, was this issue resolved as i have recently found that loads of apps have become incompatible with my phone (an up to date Samsung Galaxy S7) i noticed my banking app was incompatible at first and now even the bloody Simpsons is apparently "Incompatible"!

Can anyone check if they are having the same issue as this may be limited to EE customers and yes i have cleared my google play cache as this seems to be the generic response...

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@ElectricPhil  The apps on your device have nothing to do with EE,  if google are saying it’s incompatible then that’s down to google to correct on the play store,  you need to contact google for them to look in to this. 

Investigator

Mate. To be fair I appreciate that. It was really to put the issue out to other people to help or to find out if they've had the same issue. This is a community after all. I wasn't directly pointing the finger at EE but asking a wider audience if they had similar issues or if this was only a localised problem.

by
EE Employee

Hi @ElectricPhil,

It would be a case of scrolling to the bottom of the app in the play store and contacting the developer.

Many thanks,

Lee

Investigator

Yes Lee. I did that. I also reset the app cache and changed my font and screen resolution. And said a prayer and magic spell but it seems that didn't fix it. The issue is with the software conflict between android and lots of devs. I have contacted Google. The devs. Samsung and also EE. I contacted EE Only to shine a light on the issue. 
by
EE Employee

Hi @ElectricPhil

I understand and thank you for your feedback, as previously mentioned, we have no control over the app development.

You have done the right thing and reported it to the developer.

Many thanks,

Lee

by Expert Contributor
Expert Contributor

I understand what you're saying, even if they don't. You are right to bring this issue up here (as well as directly with Google and the developer) as one of the criteria used to check compatibility is the service provider - EE in this case.

So you are right to see if  other EE customers have this issue as it will help with troubleshooting. For what it's worth, I've just checked Apple Music on my S8 and it's showing as compatible. I'd be happy to check other apps, if they also show as incompatible. 

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.