by Steamboat Investigator
Investigator

Apple Music works OK on my Sony ZX1 Compact but it won't stream to car audio

When I connect my phone to my car's audio system with Bluetooth the audio system displays the selected track - but there is no sound. The connection works fine for phone calls

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Investigator
Solution

Re: Apple Music works OK on my Sony ZX1 Compact but it won't stream to car audio

Chris,

I tried playing the MP3 files resident on my Xperia - didn't work, so I contacted SONY help chatline. Their recommendation was:- Find and tap Settings > Network & Internet.
Tap the menu button (three vertical dots) > Network settings reset > RESET SETTINGS. 

I then had to re-assign network password for my web connection nd re-pair my phone connection to the Citroen,

It worked!!!!

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
by
EE Community Support Team

Re: Apple Music works OK on my Sony ZX1 Compact but it won't stream to car audio

Hi @Steamboat

Welcome to the community.

We'll do our best to help.

Does your Apple Music work when connected to other Bluetooth devices?

Do other devices play music when connected to your car via Bluetooth?

Chris

Investigator

Thanks for your reply Chris. I don't have any Bluetooth devices to connect with. Up to now I have only used a USB stick to play music on my car's audio - but the car's Bluetooth connection works fine with telephone calls.

by

Hi there @Steamboat

Thanks for coming back to us.

The terms and conditions for Apple Music do advise;

The subscription provides you with access to digital music and other related content (the Service) on the App and allows you to stream Apple Music to a single device at a time.

Has this worked previously for you?

Thanks, Leanne.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Steamboat   Can you car stereo  actually receive music that’s Bluetooth to it ? you need to look at your car stereo manual for this.  Just because it works for phone calls it doesn’t mean it can work for music as this uses the A2DP. (Advanced Audio Distribution Profile)   

Highlighted
Investigator

Thanks for your response. I have not used Apple music before - it came as an offer with my EE contract - so I thought I would try it. I am not sure what you are getting at about the Apple T&Cs. As I see it I stream Apple Music to my phone. That is the single device. Connecting the phone to the car's audio by bluetooth to permit better listening is surely no breach of the T&Cs??

Investigator

Chris, The car I am using is a 2-year-old Citroen  C4 Picasso. The manual advises it allows bluetooth to stream audio files from a phone. It goes on to say it will only play files with .wma, .aac, .flac, .ogg and .mp3 extension with a bit rate of between 32Kbps and 320Kbps. I have no idea what file extension Apple Music uses. I think I will try copying some MP3 fie to my phone via sony Xperia Companion and see if they stream OK. I will let you know how I get on.

by

What happens when you try to play another file with audio, @Steamboat?

Like a recorded video, sound clip or a video from a site like YouTube. Does the audio come through?

Chris

Investigator
Solution

Chris,

I tried playing the MP3 files resident on my Xperia - didn't work, so I contacted SONY help chatline. Their recommendation was:- Find and tap Settings > Network & Internet.
Tap the menu button (three vertical dots) > Network settings reset > RESET SETTINGS. 

I then had to re-assign network password for my web connection nd re-pair my phone connection to the Citroen,

It worked!!!!

View solution in original post

by

Magic, @Steamboat.

I'm glad they were able to help you get sorted. 😄

Enjoy your Apple Music. 🙂

Chris

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions