by w33ro55
Explorer

Apple Music Won't Workk After Number Port

Hi.

I recently had to port my number from EE to Vodafone and then back to EE as a workaround from an upgrade. Everything is working fine barring my Apple Music 6 month free subs.

I think the problem stems from my phone (S6 Edge+) showing in my device the old (temp number).

So when i go to reverify if says this number doesnt have a valid subscription. Ive retried what others have i.e texting music to 150 etc but same issue. Any idea if EE can send a signal so my phone updates to new number

PS - Number port is fine, calls and texts come from the correct number, just shows incorrect number in my device

Many thanks

Ross

3 REPLIES 3
by
EE Community Support Team

Re: Apple Music Won't Workk After Number Port

Hi @w33ro55

Thanks for coming to community 🙂

Have you had an EE Apple Music subscription before?

Have you text MUSIC to 150?

Does your correct phone number display in your phone's settings?

Check that the correct mobile number is showing on your phone: 

• iPhone – Tap Settings>>> Phone>>>My Number
  • Android – Tap Settings>>> About Phone>>>My Phone Number

• If you cannot change the number manually, try turning your phone off and on, then check the number again.
  • If the correct mobile number is showing, you may need to remove the Apple Music app and re-install.
  • Once done, Tap on the link in the text message to activate correctly with EE. 

If this still doesn’t work, we would recommend giving customer services a call, they will check to see that this is set-up correctly.

Thanks 

Richard

🙂

by w33ro55
Explorer

Have you had an EE Apple Music subscription before?

Yes, on the same number but this has ported to Voda and back to EE

Have you text MUSIC to 150?

Yes, but I get a message saying the subscription is already active

Does your correct phone number display in your phone's settings?

No - This is what is causing the issue I believe. Although the number has ported successfully in device info is showing the temp number, this is why when I go to Appple Music it shows its not authorised. I cant change the number in My Device though as greyed out

• If you cannot change the number manually, try turning your phone off and on, then check the number again.

Done this, but no change

If this still doesn’t work, we would recommend giving customer services a call, they will check to see that this is set-up correctly.

OK, I'll try this after the bank holiday - Thank you

by
EE Employee

Do let us know how you get on @w33ro55

Many thanks,

Lee

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.