by AlanAliwooood Contributor
Contributor

Anyone know best way to transfer data and apps from samsung s6 to huawei p20 pro

5 REPLIES 5
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Re: Anyone know best way to transfer data and apps from samsung s6 to huawei p20

Android is fairly good at doing this now, just by signing into your new phone with the same Google account it offers to download everything again.

Whatsapp should be backed up to google drive so you can restore it.

I use SMS backup and restore to do a weekly backup to Google Drive so can restore them.

The remaining stuff I do manually.

Any questions, ask away!

by
EE Community Support Team

Re: Anyone know best way to transfer data and apps from samsung s6 to huawei p20

Hi @AlanAliwooood

I see @chistery has given you a fantastic answer here.

Do you have any more questions?

Chris 🙂

by AlanAliwooood Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for your help Chistery. I've already done the google log in for contacts etc. and whatsup. I was looking for something to do all the other data, pictures, etc., and especially all the apps.

Google search gives a Huawei app called 'Syncios' but when looking at the views they're all very poor. There's quite a few apps that purport to do it but I'm not confident they'll work either, hence the question.

I suspect you're right; I'll need to load all the app's and logins manually but hoped there would be something that others have used and worked well.

Follow on question - any advice or experience / comment on the Huawei Hi-Suite phone management suite?

by Expert Contributor
Expert Contributor

When you set up the phone and signed in with your Google Account, it asks if you want to restore from a previous phone. This will sync your apps and settings. 

Google photos will sync your photos and videos.

If you used Android Messages on the S6 then your messages will be in the archive. 

If you didn't, then use the export function in Samsung Messages to save them. 

If you saved documents (eg PDFs, letters etc) to your Google Drive, they'll still be there in the Huawei. If you had them locally, then you'll need to send them from the S6 to the Huawei. You could use the supplied Huawei phone clone app, or individually using Bluetooth, WiFi, or USB.

by xiufu Contributor
Contributor

As I know, the best way to transfer data and apps from Samsung S6 to Huawei P20 is using coolmuster mobile transfer, if they are both in your hands. You just need to connect them to the same computer via usb cables, srart the tool. A short time scanning later, you can directly transfer data and apps between them. 

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.