cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Any one else receive this text

Dafish22
Investigator
Investigator

Hi from EE. We're really sorry, but a manufacturer delay means your Samsung S10 Plus won't arrive on 8th March as expected. We're working with Samsung to get it to you as soon as possible and we'll update you when we know more. From tomorrow, you can track the order using the online tracker at ee.co.uk/trackmyorder, and as an apology we're adding a £20 credit to your EE account. You can use it as soon as your Samsung S10 has been dispatched. Thanks.

25 REPLIES 25

Fingers crossed we get them Friday I preorderd the s9+ from Samsung and got it on release day last year hope EE will deliver 

Barch
Explorer

Yeah I got the same I’m a bit peed off

David
Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

@garetbe they have started sending them out today my mate is having his S10+ tomorrow.

A week ago...

Everyone whose received the text on here has ordered a different configuration so this is not a specific model which has proved popular. Someone previously stated having phoned EE that this is a mistake and to ignore the text, I will be calling them in the morning for peace of mind, and if this is true in my case I will insist we still receive the £20 credit for the inconvenience.   

garetbe
Established Contributor
Established Contributor
I saw a few posts on the Forum about the messages regarding delivery.

DPD’s process is usually as I mentioned, seems strange that they’d send a delivery slot the day before when they’ve not allocated drivers to rounds yet.

EE will have an agreement with Samsung only to launch on the release date.

I’m interested to see if they actually go out tomorrow and they do where’s my message! 🤔

I’ll keep an eye on the forum.

I phoned EE around 3 minutes of receiving this text, they confirmed this text is legit 5% of pre orders are affected, £20 credits will be applied as "compensation" dissapointed to say the least!!!

Bugger... did they suggest how long we will be waiting, really disappointed too, but if the delay is more than a few days, I may consider returning within the 14 day return period and getting the P30 Pro if it looks better... (their contract prices always seem cheaper regardless of handset price too)

I always get the worse end of the stick 

Hope this helps...

I called on thursday last week and got a deal, went away to think about it and called back to confirm on the friday. The guy who i spoke to said that morning there was warning of a delay, he did say it would be no later than 15th for it to get out to me though but I'm hoping it's sooner.

Basically the delay is legit but it should be no more than a week.

Profile closed
Not applicable

@Dafish22, the text, the reason for the delay and a £20 compensation credit all seems very fair to me. Generous in fact.