by bridgey75 Contributor
Contributor

Any news on nougat update for my s7 branded phone?

Just wondering what the timescale is on the nougat update coming to my branded SG7 phone?

7 REPLIES 7
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Any news on nougat update for my s7 branded phone?

@bridgey75  Sorry EE not give that information.  

by Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

Going on normal EE timescales it'll be somewhere between the 12th of never and hell freezing over. 

Sorry. They are very very slow at updates.  S6 is still on May 2016 patch. Nobody here including staff would be able to tell you. Your best option  if you want updates is to install the unbranded BTU firmware. There are discussions on here regarding the updates or lack of and methods for installing the firmware. 

by ynot68 Established Contributor
Established Contributor

According to a tech website an Ee spokesman has confirmed that nougat is currently being tested before general release to ee customers, but no dates have been given. 

by Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Welcome to EE the fast network in the UK with the slowest and least concern for security and keeping you device up to date.

EE prides itself on fast internet access to stream and download to your hearts content but we'll keep back security updates and OS updates for no good reason, its a secret.

Enjoy..

For more info read the following thread.

https://community.ee.co.uk/t5/Android/List-devices-behind-on-security-and-OS-updates/td-p/526289

Mark L

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Bellyman,

I've spoken to my colleague Richard who you have been speaking with via Facebook.

He's advised that he's still following this up for you and will be in touch as soon as he has more news for you.

Thanks

James

by Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Thanks

Hopefully we'll get the statement on the changes being made and why EE choses this.

This forum and your customers deserve a lot better and a wide comunication.  As you can see every day another thread on updates..

Mark L

by
EE Community Support Team

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.