by Ashleydg
Visitor

Any idea when the Samsung S8 plus will eventually get the Oreo update?

4 REPLIES 4
by
EE Community Support Team

Re: Any idea when the Samsung S8 plus will eventually get the Oreo update?

Hi @Ashleydg,

Sorry, I don't have a estimated date for the rollout of Oreo on the EE version of the Samsung Galaxy S8.

You'll receive a notification on your phone as soon as it's ready to install.

Thanks

James

Highlighted
by Star Contributor
Star Contributor

EE official reply will be in some way... at some point in the future but we're not going to give you any indication at all because its a secret and you our customer do not have a right to know or ask by virtue of providing a template reply that is not personal to you. Just look back at 100s of others who have asked for information across many many devices and all had the same reply.

So while it seems inconceivable to everyone that EE would have no idea at all EE they will simply keep saying "you device will notify you when there is an update" rather than investigating the issue for you and answering your question.

Their tactic is:
Avoid the question
Direct to another source for an answer
Except no liability to look into the matter
Pass blame to someone else

Other carriers provide proactive information or resource on update progression and offer and estimated delivery time.
Other carriers have the same network features as EE but have no issues in rolling out timely security and OS updates

So the question shouldn't when will the update be released it should be why do you have to ask.

I'd love to be proved wrong though.

by Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Boom there it is.. in just before me 🙂

by Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Just seen this on Reddit..

If this is true why don't the people who should know know?  Also why won't they look into their customers issues and provide information.

REEEDIT.PNG

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions