by sammysenpai Investigator
Investigator

Annual Upgraded to Pixel 2 xl but was no stock in store

I went in store to upgrade my phone via the Annual Upgrade on the 3rd march. I paid and upgraded to a pixel 2 xl but unfortunately, the phone wasn't in stock. The guy that sorted my upgrade was confident in saying it will take 3-4 working days for the phone to arrive in the store. 16 days later and still no sign of the Phone. Are EE completely out of stock of pixel 2 xl's around the country? seems a long time to wait for a phone that's been out 5-6 months 😕

11 REPLIES 11
by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

Re: Annual Upgraded to Pixel 2 xl but was no stock in store

Hello @sammysenpai,

Welcome to the community,

Unfortunately, we are unable to give you an answer why it is taking so long, you could ring EE and see if they have an answer, or speak to the shop where you have ordered it. Was this an EE shop or a third party shop? If third party shop, EE have no control over them and their phones are generic and independent from EE.

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi and welcome to the community, @sammysenpai.

Has the EE store been in contact with you since your order?

I recommend either giving them a call or popping in for an update, you can find the details on our store finder.

Please let us know how you get on.

Chris 🙂

Investigator

Thanks for the response. I went into my nearest EE shop in town not via 3rd party shop. Ive called the shop a few times but they said i just need to wait for a text for when the phone arrives in store. Phone calls to the store usually dont get answered probably because they are so busy but my best bet is to go in store and just ask i think

Investigator

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the reply. No contact since. I think its best if i go in store and just ask. Will have to wait till the weekend but will keep you posted.

Thanks

by
EE Community Support Team

Please keep us posted, @sammysenpai.

Let us know what they say.

Thanks.

Chris

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

See if you can change colour and variant. Might have other variants in stock.

BrendonH (Android Expert) Samsung Galaxy S10+ (Pie 9.0)
If I have helped please click the THUMB/SOLUTION buttons below
Investigator

@Christopher_G Hello. Updating the progress on my pixel 2 xl post.

I went into store today to find out where the phone is and well it isnt anywhere. Apparently Google has recalled all the pixel 2 xl phones and EE doesnt have any and dont know when they will be back in stock. could be weeks could be months. Bit frustrating as the guy said he had known about this for a few weeks; surely if it was an issue then why was i not told this when i upgraded and paid for the phone and waited weeks for no reason. Either way the guy is store said i can continue to wait but coudnt tell me a time frame or i could go with a different phone or cancel my pixel annual upgrade. Well as i had to make a desision there and then i cancelled and got my £100 back for the upfront cost. Said i would just come back in store again when its back in stock or if its too long that i would just wait till pixel 3.

Still find it odd how Googles site themselves have stock of the phones and other places like currys etc also have stock of the phone. Whether this recall business is a thing i havent seen or heard anything about it online 😕 or it could be hush hush.

So yeah no phone for me 😞 

by Expert Contributor
Expert Contributor

I'm pretty certain there's no recall. Indeed Google have been offering £120 off if you buy from them or Carphone Warehouse.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Techhead  The Carphone Warehouse doesn’t get their devices from EE and Google did stop shipping these out to EE,  I don’t know if google has/did recall these from EE but EE doesn’t have any because of Google not giving them to EE.  

by
EE Employee

Hi @sammysenpai 

Please give our upgrades team a quick call to see if they can assist with your query 🙂

Many thanks,

Lee

by Expert Contributor
Expert Contributor

@Chris_Bwrote:

@Techhead  The Carphone Warehouse doesn’t get their devices from EE and Google did stop shipping these out to EE,  I don’t know if google has/did recall these from EE but EE doesn’t have any because of Google not giving them to EE.  

Really? As I write this they are in stock on the EE website. I've also checked other suppliers and all but one have stock. There is certainly stock out there.

Perhaps, it's an allocation issue? (i.e Google won't supply EE with enough and the store were conflating this with the initial hardware problems)

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.