by Workingman
Explorer

Android zero touch enrollment

Hi Everyone,

I was wondering if anyone could clarify if ee supports Android zero touch enrollment?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

9 REPLIES 9
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Android zero touch enrollment

What's it mean?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

@Workingman @XRaySpeX 

https://www.android.com/enterprise/management/zero-touch/

as of now I dont believe anything has been announced for EE.

BT Business only seem to support it here in the UK.

https://business.bt.com

by Grand Master
Grand Master

OIC! Ta! We had something like that at work for IT to set up PCs for the corporate requirements. Can't remember what it was called.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Workingman
Explorer

Thanks for your quick replies, is it possible to have an official response? I've seen articles around stating that EE had been supporting this since  September 2017 (https://www.theregister.co.uk/2017/09/21/android_vendors_tout_preconfigured_gear_for_biz/)

It would be a real shame if they don't as we are about to purchase 200 new phones and this would come in real use in providing an out of box experience to our users

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Workingman

The link @David has provided shows the providers who support this, currently at the moment this is not something supported by EE. 

Hope this helps, 

Katie 🙂

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

@Workingman BT Business use the EE network too (masts) as BT Group own EE so the coverage would be idenitcal but services would differ.

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @David

EE and BT are two separate networks just part of the same company so services will differ. 

Katie 🙂

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

@Katie_B post amended 😊

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.