by Mix59 Contributor
Contributor

Android phone EE password issues.

My EE password won't work on my android phone.  Changing the password doesn't work. Its the same for the App and the EE website log in. The EE tech people say its an ongoing issue. Has anyone had a similar problem or, more importantly, had the problem and overcome it?  Thanks.

10 REPLIES 10
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Android phone EE password issues.

@Mix59   I’m assuming your talking about the My EE app,  call customer services and request that they reset your online account. 

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Mix59 

Welcome to the community.

Could you try deleting the app and re-downloading it please?

Chris

by Mix59 Contributor
Contributor

Hi,  I have already tried deleting the app, then unsuccessfully trying the password, then reinstalling the app.  The app works for my phone account because it uses the phones security but when I need to input my password for other things, like this forum, the password system fails.  Thanks for the idea though.

by Mix59 Contributor
Contributor

Hi,  I have already been in touch with customer services and the mobile tech people. They reset and combined my accounts but I still can't use the password system via my android. I got the impression that nothing could be done about it, hence my query on this forum to see if anyone has had similar and overcome it.  BTW my late response to your post is because Iv'e had to wait until I could reply on my laptop.  Thanks for your reply.

by

When they reset and combined your accounts, did you set up a new password, @Mix59.

Chris​​​​​​​

by Mix59 Contributor
Contributor

Hi Chris, Yes. Password reset after he had reset/combined the account/s.  Also, my phone settings are ok and the EE app cache and cookies deleted prior to reinstallation of the app.

Thanks.

by

Hi @Mix59,

Which error message do you see when you enter your password?

Thanks

James

by Mix59 Contributor
Contributor

Hi,  No error message appears, it just reverts to an empty password box. Thanks.
by

Thanks for confirming this @Mix59

Did our technical care team provide you a timescale or advise they would be in touch?

Speak soon, 

Katie 🙂

by Mix59 Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I was given no timescale for any action because there was nothing they could do about it. Its just something that I will have to put up with.  Thats why I asked the questions about it on this forum.  Thanks.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.