by DJN Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Android pay does not work on my new phone

I have used Android Pay on my Blackberry Priv and there were no problems using it.

I have been given a new phone a Blackberry KEYone and Android Pay (AP) does not work. When presented to the terminal the phone buzzes and then requests that the phone is held back onto the terminal again, but still does not work. This does seem to be a common issue with this phone in many countries. 

Some people have changed their sim card and AP works again, can anyone give assistance with this problem, which seems to be a common fault.

Note; the NFC is working on the phone and switched on during opperation.

11 REPLIES 11
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Android pay does not work on my new phone

Hi, 

You seem to have already looked into this issue,  and people have reported this issue on crackberry forums, for some it works others it doesn't. 

This phone isn't available on EE network and your issue seems to be either handset or firmware related. It is unlikely to be the EE sim but if you want a replacement then you can get one free from any EE store or see this EE help guide about getting one online or via 150 (a fee will be charged for these options) 

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
Established Contributor

Thank you for your help. 

Kind regards,
David
xxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxx
Sent from my BlackBerry KEYone —via the EE Network

[Mod edit: Please do not share personal details as your posts are visible to the public. Thanks!]
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Is Android Pay set up as the default tap and pay app?

Established Contributor

<meta http-equiv="Content-Security-Policy" content="script-src 'self'; img-src * cid: data:;" />

Yes I have checked all the settings are correct. The process works but will not process the transaction. I have had the phone checked and all appears to be okay. The phone buzzes as if it has completed the Transaction,  however the transaction does not complete complete. The bank have no block on the account so as far as everyone is concerned all should work but it still stick won't work at the end stage. 

Kind regards,
David
xxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxx
Sent from my BlackBerry KEYone —via the EE Network

[Mod edit: Please do not share personal details as your posts are visible to the public. Thanks!]
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

@DJN When you reply your email sig shows your address and number, so you may want to edit your post.

Does the terminal show anything when you put your phone to it? Does it try and process anything or does it not recognise it as a payment?

For some reason Tesco self service machines never accept my Amex card but my Lloyds Amex is fine. Very odd.

Established Contributor

The phone buzzes as if it is going to complete the transaction. There is a message saying place the phone against the terminal and try again. This happens each time irrespective of how or where you place your phone. 

by
EE Community Support Team

Morning @DJN,

Are you able to try the SIM in another phone at all?

This will help to see if the phone or SIM is the problem for you.

Thanks 🙂

by Robinhooder Investigator
Investigator

Thank you for sharing.

by

Good morning @Robinhooder

It's good to know that information you have seen here has helped you.

Cheers

Richard

🙂

Established Contributor

I have put a replacement sim into my BlackBerry KEYone phone and NFC - Android Pay now works okay. 

Perhaps as the old sm was registered to work with Android Pay on my BlackBerry Priv then it wouldn't work when transferred to my new phone?

This issue is now resolved, thank you all for your suggestions and help.

by

Thanks for letting us know @DJN.

Glad this is now working for you 🙂

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.