by tallguyuk98 Investigator
Investigator

Android Pie and note 9 - Date?

What's the expected roll out date for Android 9(pie) for the note 9 on EE

14 REPLIES 14
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Android Pie and note 9 - Date?

Android 9 (Pie) is not even released for any Note9 formware, let alone EE.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by tallguyuk98 Investigator
Investigator

From my understanding, Android Pie has been released for the note 9 for non-beta users in Germany and the UAE

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

@tallguyuk98 wrote:

From my understanding, Android Pie has been released for the note 9 for non-beta users in Germany and the UAE

That is not the UK though

Samsung UK haven't released it

BrendonH (Android Expert) Samsung Galaxy S10+ (Pie 9.0)
If I have helped please click the THUMB/SOLUTION buttons below
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Germany 2018-12-16 Version PDA 8.1.0 N960FXXS2ARL3 CSC N960FOXM2ARK2

United Arab Emirates 2018-12-16 Version PDA 8.1.0 N960FXXS2ARL4 CSC N960FOXM2ARK2

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

@XRaySpeX they have been released in Germany and UAE.

by Rickscottflynn Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Any update on this? The note 9 update for Android 9 / Samsung 1 UUI. The update is due this month in the UK for unlocked phones, but I imagine that EE would have to run their checks before realising it. hope it doesn't take too long.

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

There is no update on this. Like mentioned earlier it isn't out in UK at all. Samsung hasn't said when it is coming to the UK it has given a rough guide but they never normally release ontime themselves.

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor
Established Contributor

Thanks for the updates. I knew I'd seen something about the release to the Note 9 in January.

by tudberry Contributor
Contributor

Still no info on this, I tweeted EE over a week ago and got the bog standard reply. I Tweeted again today = Bog standard reply!  the rest of the world had this 2 weeks ago. I hope it comes today or tomorrow as acording to Samsung members app the note 9 gets Android 9 in January. 

by Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Here we go again

Another update another round of posts about the update and delays on EE.

Another round of generic information from EE and another year of improvements to information sharing missed.

Everything Everywhere

by linkers3336 Investigator
Investigator

My phone picked up the latest Android Pie this morning. I am using EE Note 9.

by Ryley199
Visitor

• I believe this might have been the fastest rollout to the upgraded OS I have seen EE pass through. Pie arrived last night on my Note 9 and my wife's 9+. This is defintely not like the upgrade from 7 to 8 which took months.
Established Contributor

@Ryley199 I never had much of an issue before as I was on a pixel and although rolled out through EE due to the clean software it rolled out more or less straight away. 

However, this time I have had to wait and it's frustrating and having to wait like a kid for Christmas 😂

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.