by webmasterroot Contributor
Contributor

Android 7.0 Nougat Upgrade for S6 Edge

HI,

Samsung has just anousted their S6 Egde Nougat Update was relised last momth but EE has inored the Big OTA Upgrade also has any one else has this update yet.

Many Thanks

Luke A'Court

EE Customer

5 REPLIES 5
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Android 7.0 Nougat Upgrade for S6 Edge

Hi, 

As per the many other threads on this topic it will be available when it's passed EE firmware testing process. Once available your phone will let you know. 

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

@Northerner on another thread I have asked @webmasterroot for his CSC info as he is saying his phone is unlocked but EE hasn't released it.

Now it may be because he has got the device unlocked but still has EE firmware obviously. But if he has BTU firmware then this has nothing to do with EE.

@webmasterroot please dial *#1234# and share the info. I will be able to tell you if it is Samsung who is delaying it to you or EE who is delaying it.

As Samsung say they have relased it when in fact they haven't. I have the S6 Edge on BTU (Samsung stock firmware) and I don't have Nougat.

BrendonH (Android Expert) Samsung Galaxy S10+ (Pie 9.0)
If I have helped please click the THUMB/SOLUTION buttons below
by webmasterroot Contributor
Contributor

Android 7.0 Nougat Upgrade for S6 Edge

Hi,

Contact EE about this issue and please try the samsung live chat and explain your issue then reply to this message.

Many Thanks 

Luke A'Court

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

I don't need to contact EE

Please share info asked for.

BrendonH (Android Expert) Samsung Galaxy S10+ (Pie 9.0)
If I have helped please click the THUMB/SOLUTION buttons below
by Jamie__S13 Established Contributor
Established Contributor

You won't get a clear answer on this unfortunately.  Samsung hasn't said anything about Nougat except "We don't have any info on this" since the begining of march and you'll simply have to rely on people who have received the update.  Unlocked phones seem to be getting the updates last aswell.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.