by SeanTheGun Investigator
Investigator

Re: Android 10 Update date for pay monthly OnePlus 7 Pro 5g?

Update aren't free there part of the promise you buy with a branded device. That's why they state These devices will be updated for at least 2 years. Some even 3 years. 

Although there is no payment for the update there is a premium with buying a brand that is expected to keep to these promises from the manufacturer. 

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

No they are free unless you can show me proof where you pay for them. Because your monthly bill is for your tariff (eg calls texts data) and the phone itself.

No where do you pay for updates.

They promise to support the phone for 2 years no where does that state updates will be monthly.

You pay a premium for the brand itself not the updates. They dont have to keep it updated just because you pay a premium for a specific brand. What you expect to get because of the money you pay is different to what you actually get. You are paying for the phone itself and the tariff nothing else.

BrendonH (Android Expert) Samsung Galaxy S10+ (Android 10/One UI 2.0)
If I have helped please click the THUMB/SOLUTION buttons below
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@SeanTheGun   So your device sounds like it was faulty then,    Silly question do you still have a Oneplus 7 pro ? 

by Hawkeye1

So what is going on with this update? We are well into Q1 now and still no sign of the update... I would have thought the latest and greatest phone would have been build on the latest and greatest Android system. Surely they have had enough time now to atleast start rolling this out to the flagship phones. I should have gone for the 4G model...

by vexbit Investigator
Investigator

I ended up doing an early upgrade to a Pixel 4 XL. Hands down the best phone I've ever used. Monthly updates without fail, and new features regularly. I notice that the data connection is much much more reliable on the pixel 4 as it uses a Qualcomm modem rather than the buggy Intel X50 modem in the OnePlus 7 Pro 5G.

After two months of using the pixel 4 XL, there's not a single thing about the OnePlus I miss.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.