by shanetemple90
Visitor

Android 10 Update date for pay monthly OnePlus 7 Pro 5g?

Do we have a date as to when Android 10 is going to come to the OnePlus 7 Pro 5g? I have this on contract with EE.

I assume EE are the cause of the delay in this since I cannot even local upgrade the damn device. 

It's been out for a few days now and I am very eager to get this...

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor
Solution

Re: Android 10 Update date for pay monthly OnePlus 7 Pro 5g?

EE are not causing any delay to this. Android 10 hasn't even been released for it yet.

BrendonH (Android Expert) Samsung Galaxy S10+ (Pie 9.0)
If I have helped please click the THUMB/SOLUTION buttons below
23 REPLIES 23
by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @shanetemple90,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

Most manufacturers roll out software updates in batches. As soon as OnePlus make the update available for your particular device, you'll receive a notification.

Hope this helps.

James

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor
Solution

EE are not causing any delay to this. Android 10 hasn't even been released for it yet.

by Gramil Contributor
Contributor

So here we are a few weeks later and still no android 10 for the 5g version. When are we getting it or do we have to wait until all the old models get it first? Hear the 6t is getting it if not already got it! Really annoyed I got this model, no updates, no custom ROMs. The forgotten OnePlus phone...

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

As above EE are bot delaying this.

Android 10 is not currently available for the 5G model

by Gramil Contributor
Contributor

So OnePlus telling me that it's down to EE to release once they're happy with it and EE basically confirming over twitter that they're probably tweaking means it's not released for the 5G?? It appears OnePlus have released it but EE aren't happy to release yet. Just blows my mind that this phone is treated as a poor relation to the normal 7Pro.

by

Hi @Gramil,

All software updates are developed and rolled out by your device manufacturer.

Thanks

James

by Gramil Contributor
Contributor

Exactly what I thought. BUT OnePlus support tell me ( would post screenshot of chat but won't work) that it is down to EE to release for the 5G version and EE support via twitter tell me that they will tweak it prior to release and may send it back to the manufacturer for bug fixes which may take 2 weeks.

Who am I to question what each are telling me? Either one is telling porkies or covering for something else. I've come from the world of Pixel phones and custom ROMs so really frustrated with this rubbish.

by

Hi @Gramil,

If a manufacturer chooses to make a specific software build for EE users, we could be asked to test certain features prior to release. We wouldn't make any changes to the software ourselves and the manufacturer still controls when it is rolled out to you.

Hope this helps to clarify the process.

Thanks

James

by Gramil Contributor
Contributor

Thanks, gives me something to go back to OnePlus with, as in why are they telling me that it is down to EE to release the update when you state its down to them.

So have they asked EE to test any features prior to pushing out to devices? Sounds like you're in the know...this may give us poor 5G device users an idea of any hold ups.

by

Hi @Gramil,

Sorry, I don't have any specific information about this.

Your phone manufacturer is best placed to update you.

Thanks

James

by Gramil Contributor
Contributor

So when you say "we could be asked to test certain features prior to release." you've got no way of finding out if "we" have or haven't been asked to?

Pushed from pillar to post with no side willing to give a clear answer. Remind me never to get an EE exclusive phone again or a OnePlus.

Just a clear answer would satisfy the growing number of disgruntled 5G device owners that are posting on forums, not good for EE or OnePlus.

Thanks I think...

by

Hi @Gramil,

Sorry, I don't have any further information about when OnePlus will roll out this update.

You'll be the first to know when it is ready, as they'll send a notification straight to your device.

Thanks

James

by Alexander_k
Visitor

Ok so I am having the same problems like everyone else. The whole thing is a wild goose chase. OnePlus has finally released a stable update to OnePlus.com which is for the OnePlus 7 pro. But I have talked to both ee and OnePlus and they are say that it's is not their fault that they have not released the update and that it is the other companies fault. This getting annoying. So ee, OnePlus has now released the update. So can you do all the little things for the 5g modem and release it ucu appreciated

Alex

by Gramil Contributor
Contributor

Wouldn't bother wasting your time with it. EE say wait and it will come, OnePlus say it's down to EE. My over two year old Pixel phone got this update weeks ago.

Seems we've been guinea pigs for a venture into 5G for EE and OnePlus when the support for the device is not actually there to back it up. Yes, I know there have been updates but the normal OnePlus 7 pro is WAY better supported, has had regular updates and received the 10 update before it was released to any non Google phone I believe.

If you're within cooling off period I'd get rid quick if I were you, this device is dead before it even got off the ground, next thing out will either be a 7t pro 5G or 8 series 5G or they'll just drop the whole idea and we'll be left with a totally ( as it feels now) unsupported device.

Other than that it's a nice phone...I just like to be up to date with software and able to mess around with custom ROMs etc, etc...

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

As above. Android 10 has bot been released for the 5G variant. No 5G variant has the update.

by Andrew_Fishburn Contributor
Contributor

I am frustrated with the update not coming to the 5G variant quickly, but was told on reddit.con/r/oneplus that the 5G variant of the phone requires more work than just adding a new modem driver for the 5G modem. I don't know why it needs more work as the specs are absolutely identical bar the 5G moderm

by Gramil Contributor
Contributor

I know it's not been released and I know that I'll receive the update notification when it does get released. I get it.

I just don't get how today OnePlus release a beta version for their series 6 old phones and still not even a mention of the 5G. The OnePlus forums are quite interesting too, little acknowledgement of the 5G model, EE users questions simply ignored, really is quite amazing you'd think it didn't really exist.

Really my main concern is they simply move on to their new range and forget totally about this model, EE don't appear to be busting a gut to ensure that any update is forthcoming or that OnePlus support THEIR exclusive 5G phone. If it requires special adjustments due to the 5G tech are they really going to put time and effort into such a comparatively small customer base against other models...no is the likely answer.

by SeanTheGun
Explorer

I am also an EE customer and Oneus have stated twice now it's up to EE to release the update and not OnePlus. 

Who's talking bull here? Both companies are saying there waiting on each other but the other blames the other. 

This will be my last EE contract and OnePlus device of both parties don't know there backsides from there elbows. 

Is someone going to take a bit of responsibility?

Also this thread is NOT SOLVED

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

EE doesnt make the firmware.

EE are providing the service you are paying for.

Updates are not part of that service.

EE doesnt have to make manufacturers do anything.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.