by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

Re: Android 10 Update date for pay monthly OnePlus 7 Pro 5g?

Pictures need to be approved before they show up.

Once approved the green triangle will change to the photo posted.

BrendonH (Android Expert) Samsung Galaxy S10+ (Android 10 Beta)
If I have helped please click the THUMB/SOLUTION buttons below
by Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

3-6 months behind the rest of the 7 series of devices is pretty unacceptable. Even Samsung were not this bad with EE

by elsworth1983 Contributor
Contributor

The OnePlus community to our questions on the forum has been disgraceful question and questions was asked no one answered them 

Contributor

#EE Like to comment on this for its users 

https://www.xda-developers.com/oneplus-7-pro-5g-android-10-q1-2020/

by vexbit Investigator
Investigator

I hit the 6 month early upgrade point in early December. I'll be switching to a Pixel 4 then for £100. OnePlus and EE should be embarrassed by this whole debacle; their lack of communication, planning and delays are straight out of the Brexit playbook.

by Andrew_Fishburn Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

I honestly wonder why the 5G variant gets less support? I mean, it's the
exact same phone, but with a 5G modem.
Contributor

Is there anyway we can get EE to come on here and help out with this fiasco as we have a premium device and we are being let down. If it was a apple device maybe ee would be all over it ?

by Alexander_k Investigator
Investigator

Right people officially it's has been confirmed that it will released at some point in q1 2020. This is awful. I am so disappointed. In. Boh companies

by Gramil Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

I had a call back from EE after tweeting them about this to see what my options were. Cut a long story short, I can't get out of my contract due to the lack of updates so they recommended logging an official complaint so that my voice could be heard. Obviously the more people that do this the better as my single voice will do very little. 

I knew I'd no chance on the call as the person said that they don't really get android as they have an apple I think a big issue is I and probably all bothered with this are serious android users interested in the manufacturers who offer the freedom to flash, tinker and be at the forefront of android software releases. This has not been the case with this phone.

by Gramil Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

The CEO had now posted on the OnePlus forums regarding the update issue. Appears they may be having issues developing software as it's 5G. 

https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/a-letter-to-oneplus-7-pro-5g-users-in-europe.1138168

Bit annoyed as haven't even got this phone for 5G, on a 4G contract. Assumed that it would be the same as the standard 7pro (which EE don't sell).

Highlighted
Contributor

A BS Letter More Like i feel sorry for people with a OnePlus Device i still cant believe they are still Blaming EE and Android. 

Why cant they admit they have brought out a device what isnt ready for the real world 

by Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

I'm in the same boat.

I only got the 5G Pro because EE don't sell the standard Pro.

Now I'm stuck with a device that won't be updated on the same rate as the Non 5G while I can't even use 5G because my area wont be 5G until 2021.

And the price went down by £5 a month 2 weeks after I bought it.

Not happy! 😞

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions