by Adris Investigator
Investigator

Andriid 8.0 update and no fast charging now

Hi

I am hoping someone has a solution to this problem. I recently installed the android 8.0 on the Samsung S8. This was done Wednesday Morning 21st March. Connect3d my phone to my charger and it didn't say fast charging and the time to charge the battery fully was over 8hrs. Thought it may be the charger and or cable that came with it. S9 bought a new charger and cable from the Samsung store. However on plugging the new cable and charger it still says charging and not fast charging. This has only occurred after the update. Anyone else had this problem and or may have found a fix.

I thought EE test the updates to avoid issues and that is why they are always behind with rolling out updates.

10 REPLIES 10
by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

Re: Andriid 8.0 update and no fast charging now

Charging is not a EE feature.

Have you cleared cache and done a factory reset on the device after the update?

BrendonH (Android Expert) Samsung Galaxy S10+ (Pie 9.0)
If I have helped please click the THUMB/SOLUTION buttons below
by Adris Investigator
Investigator

Hi 

I never said fast charging is an EE feature. However it is a feature on my phone. A feature that has now stopped working after the update. That is the only thing That has changed. I was trying to give people the background as to the chain of events. I have cleared the cache and reset. I googled the issue before I came here. So the reset and cache clearing was done prior to my request for help. So please my message was clearly asking if anyone had this issue and how they fixed it. Please excuse the typos, as I am posting this from a moving train. ( and I am not that good at typing)

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

Go to settings then device management then battery then the 3 dots on top right hand side of phone then advanced settings.

Make sure fast charging is enabled.

BrendonH (Android Expert) Samsung Galaxy S10+ (Pie 9.0)
If I have helped please click the THUMB/SOLUTION buttons below
by Adris Investigator
Investigator

Hi, 

Looked into is fast charge enabled on the phone, and yes it was. Have tried disabling it then re-enabling. Just to see if that cures the issue. Sadly the issue still persists.

To recap, this issue came about after the Android 8.0 update. So not sure what else to do now

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Adris

Thanks for coming to community 🙂

Let's see if @BrendonH comes back and helps further.

Have you spoken to our technical team about this?

If not, then I'd perhaps recommend a chat with them.

Cheers

Richard

🙂

by Expert Contributor
Expert Contributor

@Adriswrote:

Hi 

I never said fast charging is an EE feature. However it is a feature on my phone. A feature that has now stopped working after the update. That is the only thing That has changed. I was trying to give people the background as to the chain of events. I have cleared the cache and reset. I googled the issue before I came here. So the reset and cache clearing was done prior to my request for help. So please my message was clearly asking if anyone had this issue and how they fixed it. Please excuse the typos, as I am posting this from a moving train. ( and I am not that good at typing)

This was reported to Samsung many times during the Oreo beta. It didn't affect everyone though, so it might be a hard one to fix. I would use the "Contact Us" option in Settings to send a system log and support request to Samsung. (If your handset has the Samsung Members app then you can send it from there as well)

As of the end of the beta there was no fix. I don't personally use fast charging so can't give any tips.

by stuarttunstall Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Supid question... How did you test if it was or was not working? I presume you just plugged in the mains charger and noticed how quick or slow it charged?

I have just updated my S8+ and fast charging is enabled but I have not tried it yet, but may do soon.... 

As a rule I leave it switched off and use USB to charge mine ... 

Stu

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @stuarttunstall

Thanks for posting 🙂

Let's see if @Techhead comes back and shares some further information with you.

Cheers

Richard

🙂

by Expert Contributor
Expert Contributor

@stuarttunstallwrote:

Supid question... How did you test if it was or was not working? I presume you just plugged in the mains charger and noticed how quick or slow it charged?

I have just updated my S8+ and fast charging is enabled but I have not tried it yet, but may do soon.... 

As a rule I leave it switched off and use USB to charge mine ... 

Stu

When you're charging the phone shows you whether it's fast charging or not. (At the bottom of the lock screen -where it shows the remaining charge time and in the notification shade)

by stuarttunstall Established Contributor
Established Contributor

I have had this handset since last July and NEVER noticed that lol.... I will have a look later 🙂 

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.